new ride

Use some common sense ....
100hp honda

new ride

Post by 100hp honda »

i ended up buying this one today. but i aint going to mess with it much for a month or 2 or 3 until it warms up outside. this is the first 250 ive ever owned :lol: , it had more pep than i expected, nothing like a 500 but it ran pretty good all things considered. does the powervalve need any maintenance or adjustments ? anything else in particular i need to know about these bikes ?

mike hunt

Post by mike hunt »

Nice bike and congradulations. I still can't believe Honda quit making the 2 strokes. I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Nice bike. Is that the one you were looking at at the dealer? The bike I used for my conversion the 01 was the first 250 I really ever owned and rode around a bit, and I too was suprised at the amout of power it had also.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

no this wasnt from the dealer. that was different bike
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

If it runs great, don't mess with it, I dare ya. :lol: Looks like a good find.

To keep the p valve clean try Amsoils Interceptor 2 cycle, Its made for P valves.
hoofarted

Re: new ride

Post by hoofarted »

100hp honda wrote:anything else in particular i need to know about these bikes ?
Yeah - the 500 motor fits quite well! :lol:
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

100hp honda

Re: new ride

Post by 100hp honda »

hoofarted wrote: Yeah - the 500 motor fits quite well! :lol:
thats what i heard. luckily i got a extra laying around :lol: . ill get to it after the cold weather subsides, im not in a hurry to freeze my balls off
~Trever

Post by ~Trever »

what year is it? Looks real nice, hard to find any newer than 03 around here.
2003 crf450r
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

its 2006. i was searching for quit a while and heres what i found mostly

'02-'04= i found a shitload of these but most were really beat up in the photos so i didnt bother going to look at them

'05= i only found a couple of these but wasnt able to go look at them

'06= i really only found like 4 of these and 3 of them werent very good shape i didnt think

'07= i never did find one of these

according to what ive seen and heard heres what i think happened, the honda 4strokes really started to surface around '04 and everyone wanted one so the cr250 sales numbers dropped alot which would explain why there aint many '05-'07 out there atleast from what i seen in this area. i really didnt plan to get a real new one but it was about the cleanest one i could find. i did find a real nice '03 for decent price but it sold within hours of being on craigslist so i missed that one. there was a '04 i was planning to go look at but never made it because i bought this one instead
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

iggys-amsoil wrote:If it runs great, don't mess with it, I dare ya. :lol: Looks like a good find.

To keep the p valve clean try Amsoils Interceptor 2 cycle, Its made for P valves.
x2
CR500R
V-MAX 1200
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Sweet lookin' bike. Being patient means you always find the deals.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
nate79

Post by nate79 »

That is a beautiful machine.
'05 Ktm 525mxc, '04 Ktm 450mxc, '06 Suzuki RM250
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

Nice find. Ride the piss out it, then build your 5 hundo. :D
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i added another one to the stable on a last minute decision last night, drove half the fawkin night to pick it up and im tired. theres a interesting story behind it. i got it from the original owner......he bought it new and shortly after put vforce3 reeds and graphics and seet cover on it, then only briefly rode it a few times in the first 2 years. he said he parked it because the clutch wasnt working correct, i havent examined it closely but im thinking he had it adjusted wrong and it was partially disengaged while he was riding and it smoked the plates but i wont know untill later today....maybe the cable is just out of adjustment. so anyway after the clutch wouldnt work he parked it under a carport where it sat collecting huge amounts of dust for the next 2 years. the chain and seet cover and ceet graphics are alittle weathered from the elements but he put the graphics over the original honda ones and i started to peel them off and the honda ones are still in good shape once i get the old ones off and he said he has the original seat cover he just has to mail it to me when he finds it in his garage. he told me it didnt have much time on the bike and the closer i look i seriously dont think this thing has a month of use on it. rims are perfect because the original tires have never been taken off :lol: , clutch cover and frame have no wear :lol: , pipe doesnt have 1 dent :lol:, sprockets are nearly new, im not positive what the original grips look like but im pretty sure theyre the originals . im gonna clean out the carb and tank because the gas is 2 years old and hopefully i can salvage the chain but i might need a new one. the owner was a super cool dude and i bullshited with him for a few before i left.