A Friend needs an engine

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

A Friend needs an engine

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Looking for a 1997-01 bike or engine for a conversion project
oggo69

Re: A Friend needs an engine

Post by oggo69 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:Looking for a 1997-01 bike or engine for a conversion project
roostius , look for motoxcopy on ebay that is his sellers name , Gix put me in touch with him and i got my motor kit off him , worth a shot dude

ps i will give u a shout in middle of the week regard the material :wink:

oggo :cool:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing ... R-94492365

1996 = $1750

I've seen ebay guys spend $1300, just for the motor...

:roll:
97af

Post by 97af »

AlisoBob wrote:
I've seen ebay guys spend $1300, just for the motor... :roll:
Bob,Just wondering why you are constantly trying to de-value the worth of just an engine? The guy wants 2k for the bike and just for giggles he might come down a little. Even if he did do $1750.00 for the bike , the guy that spent 1300.00 on just his engine still has $450.00 worth of weight still in his wallet and he doesnt have to jack around with getting rid of steely parts.
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail, A TRUE friend will be sitting next to saying, DAMN THAT WAS FUN"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

97af wrote:Even if he did do $1750.00 for the bike , the guy that spent 1300.00 on just his engine still has $450.00 worth of weight still in his wallet and he doesnt have to jack around with getting rid of steely parts.
1. Buying a loose engine most likely is buying someone elses headache.

2. You have never heard it run

3. You have never felt it shift

4. You got to see the condition of the rest of the bike the motors coming out of.

As far as selling off the remains...... Selling the wheels, shock, forks, brakes, and triple clamp, and subframe should bring about $600.

The frame and swingarm are pretty worthless.

I would NEVER buy an engine I couldnt ride, unless it was so cheap that a 100% overhaul was built into the price.
97af

Post by 97af »

AlisoBob wrote: 1. Buying a loose engine most likely is buying someone elses headache.

2. You have never heard it run

3. You have never felt it shift

4. You got to see the condition of the rest of the bike the motors coming out of.

As far as selling off the remains...... Selling the wheels, shock, forks, brakes, and triple clamp, and subframe should bring about $600.

The frame and swingarm are pretty worthless.

I would NEVER buy an engine I couldnt ride, unless it was so cheap that a 100% overhaul was built into the price.
Well it looks like you left coasters are gonna have a good long road trip to go look at, hear it run ,ride and shift it to good old rebel flag flying North Carolina.....
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail, A TRUE friend will be sitting next to saying, DAMN THAT WAS FUN"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Naaa....

I got deals like this in my backyard.... all day.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/1023165105.html

This guy will sell for $1600, cash.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

buying a motor from ebay or craigslist or anywhere else is %100 roll of the dice. like bob already said:

1- cant hear it run
2- cant hear it shift
3- many people try to hide jb welded parts with crappy photos
4- ive noticed its usually cheaper to buy the complete bike from the broke college kid across town or old man that cant kickstart it anymore... (the guys on ebay selling just the motor are wise to the fact a cr500 motor has a pretty good demand for AF conversions and sidekarts and typically want darn near as much as you can buy a complete bike for)

i will agree on one thing, parting a chassis is a pain in the nuts. i got lucky when i parted my roller, the same guy wanted the whole enchilada. but it still sucked shipping 10 boxes of parts
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

depend in what way u buy it , my case is slightly different as being a kit ,all new bearings /seals , fresh bore and piston .... 1000us dollars = shipping
buying a full bike who is to say it aint gona blow up a month later costing 3-400 for a build again depending on the damage . that spare money could rebuild the motor you buy with everything more or less refreshed , plus logistics make full bikes impossible for some to get their hands on :)
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I've bought the whole bike deal before out of reno, dude had a shitload of pics of new parts that went in it and everything. Got it here in canada for 2300, and 4th was fucked on the test ride.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

dude just lost an auction on ebay at 1500 for a '99 engine!
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:dude just lost an auction on ebay at 1500 for a '99 engine!
WOW .... paitence :D
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:dude just lost an auction on ebay at 1500 for a '99 engine!
Thats what I'm saying.....

for $0.49 more.. you get the whole bike... and can at least ride the thing before you buy.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I'm a long dammn ways away and the guy is stubberon too, I've got an engine i offered to build him and have a NEW trans, but he wants something else apparently.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

So he bought an engine for 800 + 200 shipping. Its not the engine he was looking for, but It'll do. Its out of a 2001 CBR929RR and its complete. Its going in my 91 frame that i'm trading even-up for his '99 500 frame