Back on the ice after 14 years.

Use some common sense ....
big_bore_500

Back on the ice after 14 years.

Post by big_bore_500 »

Just entered my first race after being away from it for a long time. I had a blast. Finished 3rd in the Tin man race (3hr solo). The track was 6.2km long(about 4 miles) with what I'm guessing about 60 turns and 4 fast straights. The only thing close to the big 5 power were a couple of Husaberg 650's. Pretty sore today, near the end of the race it was a struggle just to get my legs back on the pegs. There were 4 guys who did the whole six hours on their own :shock: . That must make them twice the man I am lol. Oh well had awesome time and the tires stuck like crazy. Here are a few pics.

2005 T2 CR500R
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

:cool: That looks fun.
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

3 hours sounds like a Killer! good for you! is that a lake?
big_bore_500

Post by big_bore_500 »

Yep its a lake, it actually rained the day after the course had been plowed out so at the start the whole track was like a hockey rink. After 3 hrs it was a different story some of the slower corners had 6" ruts. Cant imagine what those were like at the end of 6 hrs.
2005 T2 CR500R
Steiner 311

Post by Steiner 311 »

I would really like to try that, did it on a speedway bike for a few years but that's only an oval, and no brakes of course! Thanks for the pics, it looks too fun.

Jas.....................................................................................................
"Practice does NOT make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect!"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Looooooooooooooooooooooooong friggin straights...

What gearing and speeds are you pulling?
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Yikes, that looks friggin freezing cold. I ride here during the day when it's like 45 degrees, but when it gets dark fawk that. I can wear a ton of clothes and it still too cold to do 65 mph when it's in the 20's like last night. My 100 buck riding gloves even with the hand guards, just won't keep my hands from going numb. I don't know how you do it, your superman! :o
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
big_bore_500

Post by big_bore_500 »

LOL Superman, not quite. it was actually just below fereezing that day. A little duct tape on the nose and all was good. You actually stay very warm as the corners are a lot of work. As for gearing running 15/43, they had a radar gun on the front straight, saw 92 mph. The 650 Berg was hitting 94. Thinking that the 5 hunny is pretty much the perfect ice bike as there were many 4-strokes that didnt see the end of the race due to mechanicals. The ol' 86' never missed a beat even after a few awful missed shifts (completer rider error, feet werent listening to the brain near the end :) ).
2005 T2 CR500R
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

:cool: