Juddy's 05 CRF 450 conversion

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
juddy

Post by juddy »

Yeah part numbers are different for sure.ICan ya tell us about that stuff you used on your tank Danny ?
juddy

Post by juddy »

oh you beat me to it,WTF is 927 ? Loctite ?
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

its the 2 stroke oil we like over here on the other side of the pond :wink: I just used it for the plastic the bottle was made out of. basically a plastic oil jug. the plastic is pretty thin, so it molds over and fills in the imperfections easily, then you just do multiple layers. plus this gave a lot of added support where cables and water hoses can rub the tank. I wish I snapped a pic, it cam out looking nice.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
juddy

Post by juddy »

what do you do,plastic weld it or something ?
redrider

Post by redrider »

juddy wrote:This thread is about motorcycles,not pot so I suggest you try chat on a different site about that shit champ.
Nobody's trying to ruin your thread dude, so don't get your panties up in a bunch.

juddy wrote:Im not interested in that shit and I dont think my fellow 500 riders are either :cool:
And don't assume that. :wink:
I'd rather be hauling ass
juddy

Post by juddy »

Ha ha,I know Davo well,roosted him many a time lol ! Just pulling the piss...
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

juddy wrote:what do you do,plastic weld it or something ?
just used the heat gun and melted the plastic sheet to the tank. just got it really hot, so it got really soft like a slice of cheese on a burger.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
south central hoon

Post by south central hoon »

redrider wrote:
juddy wrote:This thread is about motorcycles,not pot so I suggest you try chat on a different site about that shit champ.
Nobody's trying to ruin your thread dude, so don't get your panties up in a bunch.

juddy wrote:Im not interested in that shit and I dont think my fellow 500 riders are either :cool:
And don't assume that. :wink:
I agree with Juddy. this thread is for HIS build, not YOUR addiction. :roll:
south central hoon

dannygraves wrote:
juddy wrote:what do you do,plastic weld it or something ?
just used the heat gun and melted the plastic sheet to the tank. just got it really hot, so it got really soft like a slice of cheese on a burger.
I know it sounds ghetto, but i've heard that a hot glue gun works pretty good filling holes in tanks. something about the plastic compound bonding well with the hot glue....never tried it, but some swear by it. certainly would be cheap and easy.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

hm, never thought about that, although that is essentially what I did just with a sheet of it.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
jws696

Post by jws696 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

juddy wrote:
Fucking croweater hey ! I used to be one of them myself... but WA is much better.

ye , iv had a couple mates go over there and they are not coming back !!
plenty places to ride over there i hear , dirt bike riders are second class citizens over here!! :x

[/quote]But South Aussies grow better pot
im not into the waky tabaccy but i belive it is one of our better exports !! :bong:
GET HIGH ON LIFE NOT THE DRUGS KIDDYS

back to bikes , with my gen4 450 didnt have to modify tank just turned the spiggot around , its only in mok up tho !!
redrider

Post by redrider »

jws696 wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

juddy wrote:
Fucking croweater hey ! I used to be one of them myself... but WA is much better.

plenty places to ride over there i hear , dirt bike riders are second class citizens over here!! :x
But South Aussies grow better pot
im not into the waky tabaccy but i belive it is one of our better exports !! :bong:

back to bikes , with my gen4 450 didnt have to modify tank just turned the spiggot around , its only in mok up tho !!
I may be speaking for myself but I've never done a drug that is better than dirt biking. Unfortunately, I can't ride right now and where I'm from, we just replace one dangerous thing with another. At least I wear all the gear though :wink:
I'd rather be hauling ass
south central hoon

redrider wrote:
jws696 wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

juddy wrote:

But South Aussies grow better pot

I may be speaking for myself but I've never done a drug that is better than dirt biking. Unfortunately, I can't ride right now and where I'm from, we just replace one dangerous thing with another. At least I wear all the gear though :wink:
Huh? :?
south central hoon

Did this thread make it into the STICKY for completed conversions? It has my vote!
juddy

Post by juddy »

I know it sounds ghetto, but i've heard that a hot glue gun works pretty good filling holes in tanks. something about the plastic compound bonding well with the hot glue....never tried it, but some swear by it. certainly would be cheap and easy.[/quote]

So this heatgun glue is chemical/petrol resistant ? Anyone here tried it with success ?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

south central hoon wrote:Did this thread make it into the STICKY for completed conversions? It has my vote!
There are a few I need to sticky....
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

juddy wrote:I know it sounds ghetto, but i've heard that a hot glue gun works pretty good filling holes in tanks. something about the plastic compound bonding well with the hot glue....never tried it, but some swear by it. certainly would be cheap and easy.
So this heatgun glue is chemical/petrol resistant ? Anyone here tried it with success ?[/quote]
thats why I didn't think about using that and stuck to the plastic oil jug since I know its atleast oil resistant.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
juddy

Post by juddy »

yeah just never tried to melt plastics into each other so a bit unsure of how to do it and how well it works.That way never failed for you Danny ? Got any pics ?
davo77

Post by davo77 »

juddy wrote:yeah just never tried to melt plastics into each other so a bit unsure of how to do it and how well it works.That way never failed for you Danny ? Got any pics ?
just buy a new tank ya tight ass :lol:
or build a sweet aluminium one. i would think any type of plastic repair would be a temporary fix??
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

no pics, but I was really surprised how well the plasted melted and fused together, I can honestly say mine was a permanent fix. I would snap a shot, but that went on Marshalls bike, so it is not in my possesion.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
juddy

Post by juddy »

just buy a new tank ya tight ass :lol:
or build a sweet aluminium one. i would think any type of plastic repair would be a temporary fix??[/quote]

Ummm,fucking great idea David.Buy a new tank and have the same shit happen again ! But yeah,ally one would be cool,need access to a brake press though cos the radius looks good on top edges of the ones I have seen.... How bout you build one and send me some drawings and crayons :lol:

The plastic fix....worked for Danny obviously so might give it a shot.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

you already have a leaky tank, whats it gonna hurt to try to fix it. :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
jws696

Post by jws696 »

this one from a bike on the other site, niiice , as long as ur not on a budget!!!!
http://cr500riders.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl ... 2055500/75
juddy

Post by juddy »

dannygraves wrote:you already have a leaky tank, whats it gonna hurt to try to fix it. :wink:
Yeah your right.Just not good riding weather lately so havent been in a rush.Got my KTM 300 for a quick fix when I need it.
juddy

Post by juddy »

jws696 wrote:this one from a bike on the other site, niiice , as long as ur not on a budget!!!!
http://cr500riders.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl ... 2055500/75
Yeah I think that is the one I seen with the radiused top edge.Be awesome to get templates of all the components to build one.A lot of trial and error trying to build one from scratch I think.