RVX swinger ? ... apparently they fit with a light mod

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
oggo69

RVX swinger ? ... apparently they fit with a light mod

Post by oggo69 »

can anyone confirm this ? i was told today this is a goer in the CRF frame with some minor machining , i am on the look out for one , but i dont know anyone with one to confirm before i buy ... it would look good IMO
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

I'm not sure what a rvx is, but there isa dude here that put a vfr interceptor swingarm on a supermoto. It's a single side swingarm, looks killer.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

sorry i was nto that clear its the aprilia RXV ... dirtbike version and the SXV is the supermoto , and the new MXV is the new 2009 motocrosser ...

and it was confrimed by gix they fit !!
guessing they would be hard to come by , but i will keep my eye out for one :D
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

stock swingarm is better...it'll look too mismatched...plus honda swingarms are easily the cheapest route and there is nothing wrong with them...i don't get the one sided arms and why people have boners for them...i think wheelie gene's build is awesome, but i wouldn't do it unless i had the part lying around...
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

Balaclava wrote:stock swingarm is better...it'll look too mismatched...plus honda swingarms are easily the cheapest route and there is nothing wrong with them...i don't get the one sided arms and why people have boners for them...i think wheelie gene's build is awesome, but i wouldn't do it unless i had the part lying around...
fair comment but the RVX is not single sided , its bling dude :D

here is a pic :
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6418/11g5mu.jpg
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

i don't know what you see in that thing it looks like a bicycle swingarm...honda swingarms are for dirt bike riding and when properly finished are wayyy blingier then that swingarm...just my oppinion...your bike will be some sort of crazy mixbreed... :lol: ...i'm just fuckin around...but it's mad ugly...If it was between that swingarm and a single sided vfr swingarm i'd go with the vfr...
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

Balaclava wrote:i don't know what you see in that thing it looks like a bicycle swingarm...honda swingarms are for dirt bike riding and when properly finished are wayyy blingier then that swingarm...just my oppinion...your bike will be some sort of crazy mixbreed... :lol: ...i'm just fuckin around...but it's mad ugly...If it was between that swingarm and a single sided vfr swingarm i'd go with the vfr...
:lol: :cool: , i like to be different and mine will be a supermoto for the street in the end .... off to collect some 6061 :cool:
Gix

Post by Gix »

Balaclava wrote:i don't know what you see in that thing it looks like a bicycle swingarm...honda swingarms are for dirt bike riding and when properly finished are wayyy blingier then that swingarm...just my oppinion...your bike will be some sort of crazy mixbreed... :lol: ...i'm just fuckin around...but it's mad ugly...If it was between that swingarm and a single sided vfr swingarm i'd go with the vfr...
Single sided arms carry far too much weight to make them anything but a novelty. The rxv arm does fit quite easily and actually looks the danglies when fitted..even more so if the frame/arm are coated satin black
There are a hell of a lot of parts that are interchangeable between CRf and sxv/rxv( SXV forks/radial brakes? :cool: ) and I know it's all down to personal taste but at the end of the day every single builder on here has strived to make their bike 'different' in some way...it's all part of the fun of building one

BTW the RXV swingarm is also made for dirt riding and side by side make the Honda one look tired and dated

EDIT..forgot to say..Oggo, try here http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/foru ... y.php?f=50 for a used one
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

Gix wrote:
Single sided arms carry far too much weight to make them anything but a novelty. The rxv arm does fit quite easily and actually looks the danglies when fitted..even more so if the frame/arm are coated satin black
There are a hell of a lot of parts that are interchangeable between CRf and sxv/rxv( SXV forks/radial brakes? :cool: ) and I know it's all down to personal taste but at the end of the day every single builder on here has strived to make their bike 'different' in some way...it's all part of the fun of building one

BTW the RXV swingarm is also made for dirt riding and side by side make the Honda one look tired and dated

Fair enough...please post the necessary measures it takes to make this swingarm fit...as in bushings, spacing, machining etc...thanks, hope it works as good as you figure it will.... :cool:
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

cheer again gix ... :cool:
redrider

Post by redrider »

Is there a significant weight savings or am i missing something? Thanks.
I'd rather be hauling ass
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

redrider wrote:Is there a significant weight savings or am i missing something? Thanks.
RXV swinger on a cr500af .... the mentioning of a single sided arm brought up the weight aspect
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Looks like the old YZ Monoshock swingarm. Sort of............
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little