AF Progress

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
trgracing

more pictures.

Post by trgracing »

here is a couple of pictures, will post better ones at the weekend.. allmost there :D Image
xtremeslide

Re: more pictures.

Post by xtremeslide »

nice job
m178

Post by m178 »

Nice build bro.
GEN4 500AF
2001 JR50 (daughters)
trgracing

more picture

Post by trgracing »

trgracing

Post by trgracing »

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

trgracing wrote:Image

Kissing Cousins!

SWEET!
m178

Post by m178 »

That tank look's trick. How much fuel does it hold.
GEN4 500AF
2001 JR50 (daughters)
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Are you riding that thing around with a rag stuffed into the oil filling hole? :lol:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Gix

Post by Gix »

TRG
The bike looks fantastic mate.. looks better than the UK SH ones for I presume a lot less dosh.
My only criticism(more of a dislike) is I don't like the pieces welded in to the cradle.
I'm sure your welding is bob on but when I see obvious pieces it makes me nervous...just a personal thing I guess :oops:
Cracking looking bike though, be nice to see the RWJ when its done
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

that tank looks like it's white in one pic and then aluminum in the next pic...is it completely custom made out of aluminum? that is so sick...
trgracing

pieces in cradle?

Post by trgracing »

Gix wrote:TRG
The bike looks fantastic mate.. looks better than the UK SH ones for I presume a lot less dosh.
My only criticism(more of a dislike) is I don't like the pieces welded in to the cradle.
I'm sure your welding is bob on but when I see obvious pieces it makes me nervous...just a personal thing I guess :oops:
makes you nervous? your the guy that has a fork gaitor as a air boot!!!when the y is removed from the frame. you are short once you raise the y!
once the y is raised. you need to replace it, those pieces you refer to are solid billet, then machined and inserted into the frame by over a inch, you have a bitch of a task getting them in. then the frame is welded with a donor motor in. i left the welds shown, also my frame was plugg welded ,above and below the joints, i saw your conversion. and in my opinion, just mine. when welding, you dont remove what you have put in.. joint wise. trigger gum or the other dude, ( dont no his name) hehe could jump this bike day in, day out, with no issues here !of frame breakage. and personally i like my conversion. and its as you say. alot cheaper that a sh. and better built. imo
Last edited by trgracing on December 28th, 2008, 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
trgracing

Post by trgracing »

Balaclava wrote:that tank looks like it's white in one pic and then aluminum in the next pic...is it completely custom made out of aluminum? that is so sick...
hi, sorry for the shitty pics, yes, it all ally, custom made, and it holds more that the crf x tank. i have just had a carbon fibre tank made. my mate works in f1.. that helps..hehe
trgracing

Post by trgracing »

by the way? you will have pieces welded in your frame. unless you have a magic wond.
trgracing

Post by trgracing »

Ported&Polished wrote:Are you riding that thing around with a rag stuffed into the oil filling hole? :lol:
hehe yeah that rag....wait till you see my milled billet plug. very bling... not even going to ride yet, just took del of my carbon tank, and carbon clutch and mag case...( cost my a crate of ale) not bad ehh :D
trgracing

Post by trgracing »

AlisoBob wrote:
trgracing wrote:Image

Kissing Cousins!

SWEET!

that bike looks sweet bob...... u need a carbon fibre tank on that ...hehe :shock:
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

trg, that aluminum tank is SICK !!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
99 CR500R
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade

My Drinking team has a Racing problem !

Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

I have no idea WTF a 'crate of ale' costs you british blokey buggah... :lol:
Gix

Re: pieces in cradle?

Post by Gix »

trgracing wrote:
makes you nervous? your the guy that has a fork gaitor as a air boot!!!when the y is removed from the frame. you are short once you raise the y!
once the y is raised. you need to replace it, those pieces you refer to are solid billet, then machined and inserted into the frame by over a inch, you have a bitch of a task getting them in. then the frame is welded with a donor motor in. i left the welds shown, also my frame was plugg welded ,above and below the joints, i saw your conversion. and in my opinion, just mine. when welding, you dont remove what you have put in.. joint wise. trigger gum or the other dude, ( dont no his name) hehe could jump this bike day in, day out, with no issues here !of frame breakage. and personally i like my conversion. and its as you say. alot cheaper that a sh. and better built. imo
Ferkinell..calm down..I wasn't slating the bike, I said it looked tops.
I also said I'm sure your welding is bob on..I was just saying it's my personal opinion.I have no doubt about the integrety of the joins or how you've engineered them.
I know I have pieces added into my frame and I know exactly where they are..but the casual onlooker would not.
Maybe you need to go get laid or summat
KE 336

Re: pieces in cradle?

Post by KE 336 »

[/quote]

Ferkinell..calm down..I wasn't slating the bike, I said it looked tops.
I also said I'm sure your welding is bob on..I was just saying it's my personal opinion.I have no doubt about the integrety of the joins or how you've engineered them.
I know I have pieces added into my frame and I know exactly where they are..but the casual onlooker would not.
Maybe you need to go get laid or summat[/quote]

Damn, all this time I thought I spoke english! There's no telling what we all learn on here. Carry on mates! :lol: