Some updated pics

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Gix

Some updated pics

Post by Gix »

As a lot of the pics of mine seem quite dated I thought I'd mess around with my camera phone to day and take some updated ones...
I love this bike, building it has been one of my favourite builds

MojoScojo

Re: Some updated pics

Post by MojoScojo »

R.I.P #491

I like it.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

Who's #491?
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

How many cc's does your bike have?
No longer have a CR500.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

I see says the blind man. Dee DeeDee! :wink:
Gix

Post by Gix »

A while ago a young 17yr old kid joined a forum I visited quite often.
His name was Spike and he had bought a Derbi Senda 50 with mashed motor.
He spoke about fitting a cr500 motor into it and many people took the piss out of him for even thinking it. I applauded him, I have always stuck big engines in little bikes (mainly ysr's) and he reminded me of myself when I was younger.
I tried to help and advise him but he was an arrogant little shit at times and would often ignore good advice from some very knowledgable people.
He didn't have a garage but instead built it in an alley down the side of his house and despite what everyone said he managed to actually finish it and ride the damn thing. A few people commented on the flaws in his cradle/frame design but he ignored them and on one of his first proper outings he paid the ultimate price. The frame failed and sent him out of control into a tree killing him outright.
I never actually met him and was due to meet him a week later but he felt like a younger brother after all the time we spent on the phone and messenger. His enthusiasm infected a lot of people on that forum and it a very sad day on the forum.
I swore that one day I would build a CR500 properly just to show the little shit how it should be done, so this bike pays homage to Spike....

This was his cr500 powered Senda...note HIS Number

Image[/img]
britincali

Post by britincali »

That was really sad about spike :cry:

I dint know about the frame letting go from what I read he just flat lost it and hit something on the side of the road????
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Gix wrote: He spoke about fitting a cr500 motor into it and many people took the piss out of him for even thinking it....

The frame failed and sent him out of control into a tree killing him outright.
One of those people "taking the piss" out of him was me..... You could see this tragedy a mile a way.....

I thought it was a Derbi?

Sad, either way.

He did accomplish allot, with so very little. Pretty resourceful kid....
Last edited by AlisoBob on December 22nd, 2008, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gix

Post by Gix »

See... little fooker was even famous in the states :D

Yup, sadly the frame failed which sent the bike haywire but tbh a cr500 was always gonna be too much for someone with his novice abilities
Neilios

Post by Neilios »

Pat, that was a bad day for all who was out. RIP Spike, never a good time for his family.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

I remember Spike and those conversations.

I did NOT remember his number.

He asked a ton of questions, but never listened to the answers he got. Cryin shame really.
No longer have a CR500.
Gix

Post by Gix »

Neilios wrote:Pat, that was a bad day for all who was out. RIP Spike, never a good time for his family.
I imagine it was mate.......
I know it traumatised a few..understandably
I'm not sure how I'd cope in that situation
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

Gix man, I'm just wondering about what you did for a headstay mount...i can't see any pics anywhere of what you decided to do for it. As well as the airbox mod, I can't see what you did to make it work...you should hook up some pics of those two mods...
Gix

Post by Gix »

Balaclava wrote:Gix man, I'm just wondering about what you did for a headstay mount...i can't see any pics anywhere of what you decided to do for it. As well as the airbox mod, I can't see what you did to make it work...you should hook up some pics of those two mods...
Headstay is very simple and basic.
A bracket runs direct over the headmount to either side frame spar which has captive nuts installed so the mount can be unbolted.
The coil is also mounted to the headmount.
The airbox has been plated over the front with an outlet fitted.
An oldskool fork gaiter has then been used to connect to the PWK.
Again, very simple
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

it's normal...all the time we are with people that we don't pay/id attention
all did/do and will do....the same mistakes,i did some like that but...past is past the right way is:"i'll don't do it again",enjoy the present and remember the past only for avoid the mistakes that you did,(this is what i do,is not an advice) and if you're sad: remember when you was happy and try to feel that feelings for rise up,,o.k that shit makes me feel .....

no one is perfect ,even you that read my feelings.

seeing tha picture remembered me derbi :(means "derivative of bycicle")(DERivados de BIcicleta) he had good taste disc,plastics,pipe,all was in the right way