Interesting perspective.

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Admin
Site Admin

Interesting perspective.

Post by Admin »

A few days ago, I got a call from a fellow hoon asking for some assistance with his new website. I told him sure I'd help. I can't say that I agreed with the choice of names for the site but I really didn't see any harm in it. Just to be sure I wouldn't be stepping on any toes, I PM'd the owner of another site that I am a global moderator at explaining what I was being asked to do and if there were any misgivings. The response I got was simply "Have at it." So I go on my merry way. Shortly after that, I get another message from that site's admin asking if it was true that I had agreed to maintain a site that was "built to disrespect" the site I am a moderator on. I replied, and was clear about my loyalties to their site. I had not even registered as a user, let alone posted to this other site. I get another email from the admin stating that I am being disrespectful. OK. I disagree. I'm simply helping another guy get set up to do his own thing and be on my merry way. Apparently, the "Have at it." was not really "Have at it." 2 days later, I am no longer in the trusted circle and imagine that friendships have just been terminated over the name of a website.

Was I in the wrong? Did my parents fail to teach me respect?
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

I don't see where this site disrespects CR500riders at all!
Sounds like somebody has some mighty thin skin over there.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I have a similar issue.....

I was told by the website owner in question that I could no longer stay at his place , due to my lack of ability to stay within the rules.. No biggie.

Much to my surprise, all ties were then severed ....phone calls were never returned, and I was treated like a leper from someone I had known for 4 years.

I made it very clear that I supported his position to bounce me.... Hey.. its his website.

BUT, 2 issues come into play...

1. His site is a "spinoff" from the original..... http://www.network54.com/Forum/186548/

2. Does he expect me to crawl under a rock and die?

Read my " Site Mission" statement..... http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

I am very clear in what I want this site to be..... and that does not include it to be used as a tool to spite anyone. It is to offer an alternative to anyone who wants to discuss CR500's, and off topic stuff, without all the oppression. You can say "shit" when you damm well mean to say "shit" and NOT forced to say "poo-poo" like a 5 year old.

To harbor anger against anyone who exercises their "free will" says allot more about them than I care to type.... but then again... their track record is to divide.

I find it rather funny that my money, my knowlage, and all my old posts are good enough for his site.... but I, am a person, am not.

If anyone wants to bail from my site , afraid of the repercussions if they stay, go ahead. This site was designed, as stated in my mission statement, to find its own audience .

My " tirekickers" area is another example. The other site shuns anyone who is looking to buy a bike. WE hope to offer advice, pointers, and help where needed to make that first time buyer make an INFORMED choice.... and not a regret. Hell, you dont even have to register to use this function... just log on and ask any question !!!!

This is what makes our site threating to them. We are not isolationists.

That said, do you really want to be a member of a site were fear and intimidation are status quo?

This is supposed to be fun...

Like dirt-biking itself, this is supposed to be about expression of oneself and having the balls to be an individual.

Its not supposed to be about censorship, and picking sides.

I have NO idea what I'm doing in programming this site.... 1/2 of it is in friggin' French as an example... and I hate the French.

Any help I receive is greatly appreciated.... even more so considering the conditions.

Thanks to EVERYONE who helps run this place, posts, or even just stops by to check in.

Thats my $0.02
Last edited by AlisoBob on June 8th, 2007, 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

I plan on hanging out at both places, but if for some reason I am asked to leave that place then I will just hang out here. Hell I hang out at 2strokesrus and they hardly ever talk about dirtbikes.
Like Bob said this is all supposed to be fun and as long as I can have fun I plan on staying.
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

sabreguy wrote: Like Bob said this is all supposed to be fun and as long as I can have fun I plan on staying.
Were going to have ALLOT of fun here!

:D

Thanks for the support Saber.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

As proof of my good intentions ..... I hearby swear to NEVER compete in the multi-million dollar Teeshirt and Sticker business enterprise that the other site has ongoing.

I will leave all the profits to them....

8)
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

I plan on being on both sites. I dont see a competition? No one is trying to stick it to the other site. I like both sites. One I am employeed on and this one, well I get to hang out with Bob who is my bother from another mother.

Sorry about the misfortune Mojo. I feel partly responsible. :(
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rosco-Peeko wrote: I get to hang out with Bob who is my bother from another mother.
That means allot Rosco

:oops:
Last edited by AlisoBob on June 8th, 2007, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

A lot is 2 words.... :roll: :lol:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:A lot is 2 words.... :roll: :lol:
"Bother" is one..... and a Freudian slip at that....

:roll:
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Doh! :roll:
britincali

Post by britincali »

Rite im out, I cant have the awsome people at cr500riders hating me, I would not be able to sleep at night knowing the big boys are frowning upon me, it would be like pissing in god himselfs wheeties.

Why would you make me join the leper colony bob?
britincali

Post by britincali »

Thats friggin BS mojo, you ask if you can help you get a "yes" and then you get screwed like an alter boy.....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Rosco-Peeko wrote: I get to hang out with Bob who is my bother from another mother.
AlisoBob wrote:
That means allot Rosco

:D
Why don't you two just kiss and get it over with! :lol: :lol: :shock: :wink: j/k
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
kkvslayer

Post by kkvslayer »

I'm still grinning every time I look @ this sites name :cool: ,But hey this is a free world,if I wanna go on a website I'm gonna go on that website,I never had problems with anyone on the other one besides the diaper incident but I brought that on myself and I will still continue to go there everyday,I like your rules,glad I got the invite,cheers
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

wow that kinda sucks there Mo
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"