Clutch Shaft Oil

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
CR500PHIL

Clutch Shaft Oil

Post by CR500PHIL »

I have a simple question - is there oil around the short clutch shaft that runs parallel to the chain? IE. Does the does the oil stop at a seal right before the clutch cable connector right before the stator casing or inside aaround the longer clutch shaft? My quander is whether or not a crack before the chain to the short clutch shaft casing could cause an oil leak or if the oil never comes into that part of the casing. I am finding this rather hard to explain as you can perhaps detect. :D
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

There is a seal on that shaft, I know because I replaced it on my 1990 and now on my AF it's leaking and I'm getting a little oil on the flywheel! :( Of course I need to re seal my entire engine though also! :D
CR500PHIL

Clutch Shaft Oil

Post by CR500PHIL »

JBaze wrote:There is a seal on that shaft, I know because I replaced it on my 1990 and now on my AF it's leaking and I'm getting a little oil on the flywheel! :( Of course I need to re seal my entire engine though also! :D
Thanks - ok so it could leak although I do not think it ever did and there is nothing in the stator casing so I think the seal is ok. I cannot wait for my service manual to get here so I can consult it on these matters. :D
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

i just look at the micrfishe on honda parts direct to figure most things out. when i had my motor apart i was all up in there. haha
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

It's probably small, but here is a break down pic of the cases. You can see the shaft and seal.
JBaze

Post by JBaze »

aloha450x wrote:i just look at the micrfishe on honda parts direct to figure most things out. when i had my motor apart i was all up in there. haha

X2 To cheap to buy the manual! :lol:
CR500PHIL

Fiche

Post by CR500PHIL »

aloha450x wrote:i just look at the micrfishe on honda parts direct to figure most things out. when i had my motor apart i was all up in there. haha
I printed a copy of each fiche for the motor for reference until my manual arrives - good advice.