GSS porting *pics*

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
MICK

Post by MICK »

That's some pretty radical porting...umm...wow. How is this porting intended to alter the CRs power? When you get it together I would like to know how you felt it benefited the motor and where.

And another thing...your jug! How did you get it so polished? I'll be honest, I'm a little jealous. Your jug looks like it came out of a hot rod!
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
britincali

Post by britincali »

MICK wrote:That's some pretty radical porting...umm...wow. How is this porting intended to alter the CRs power? When you get it together I would like to know how you felt it benefited the motor and where.

And another thing...your jug! How did you get it so polished? I'll be honest, I'm a little jealous. Your jug looks like it came out of a hot rod!

Its supposed to be an all out top end port job, I dint polish it so i dont know.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
britincali

Post by britincali »

Heres some better pics of the piston....

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

MICK wrote:And another thing...your jug! How did you get it so polished? I'll be honest, I'm a little jealous. Your jug looks like it came out of a hot rod!
Take your jug and sand and polish it for 48 hours and yours will look like that too. Or spend 100 bucks and send it to Three Mexicans polishing and they will do it for you. :D
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Why does that piston look like its been run and taken apart again :?:

And why :?:
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i wasnt going to tell you and probly still shouldnt but i will. second you hammer the throttle on the stock swingarm you be going right off the back end :rotfl:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Just sit up on the tank and let the back wheel spin youll be ok :eatdrink:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
britincali

Post by britincali »

100hp honda wrote:i wasnt going to tell you and probly still shouldnt but i will. second you hammer the throttle on the stock swingarm you be going right off the back end :rotfl:

Thats exactly what I was hoping for!!!!!!! :cool:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
britincali

Post by britincali »

iggys-amsoil wrote:Why does that piston look like its been run and taken apart again :?:

Because I bought it used from 100hp honda.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

iggys-amsoil wrote:Why does that piston look like its been run and taken apart again :?:

Brit gettin fancy with the wire wheel again?
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

Hell ya :burnout:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
ou812

Post by ou812 »

second you hammer the throttle on the stock swingarm you be going right off the back end
All is good if ya got a real good back protector :)
Ported&Polished

I wanna hear some thoughts on the shapes of the exhaust ports. In the GSS pic from Brit, the exhaust holes from the view looking through the top of the cylinder, look about the same shape as stock. In the other pic, the holes look much bigger and tear drop shaped. What is the difference in performanance gonna be? Image
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

those gss ones are widened at the middle and a little at the bottom. the shape of the port will change where the power comes out. I'm not positive on this, but I do know all the porting work I've even seen they open the port a little at the middle, I did the same on my juug and noticed quite a bit more mid-top power and waaayyy more over rev. I also opened up my intake and transfers, and some other stuff. That second pic looks like over kill on that exhaust port and most people try to keep the top the widest section, thats also the area that will be open for the longest. whos porting work is that?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

Who did the decompression scallops? They look massive, no wonder you can fire it with flip flops.....

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Ported&Polished

That's not my cylinder, it's a cr500 quad that my buddy owns. I think it's a 94 jug on a 86 block, and the scallops were just done because it was a very hard to kick motor. I don't know the name of the person that did that porting, I just wondered about the shapes being so different. I can tell you that the quad is fire breathing however, and he has run it on alky and in the sand drags for years.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
britincali

Post by britincali »

IMO the more airflow the better, bigger holes mean more exhaust flow (to a point). If you look closely on the right of the exhaust port you will see one of glens extra intake holes, If the exhaust port was like your pic it would interfere with it.

In your pic the exhaust bridge has less material removed and the exhaust after the bridge looks to have less material removed, I would guess that the port size is not the bottle neck but the exhaust flange area is.

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Ported&Polished

Ok, well the dude uses a custom pipe, it's got a pretty massive expansion chamber and stuff, and yes the area beyond the ported holes appears to have less material removed, but it's nice and smooth and pretty open also. The intake is hogged out, but no GSS style drilled holes like that one you got. I don't know it's no biggie, just so different that I trip on it.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
britincali

Post by britincali »

Ported&Polished wrote:Ok, well the dude uses a custom pipe, it's got a pretty massive expansion chamber and stuff, and yes the area beyond the ported holes appears to have less material removed, but it's nice and smooth and pretty open also. The intake is hogged out, but no GSS style drilled holes like that one you got. I don't know it's no biggie, just so different that I trip on it.

I ain't knocking it in the slightest, I want to see as many pics of port jobs on here as possible, ALL information and ideas help the quest for :3g:

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

alot of ways to get to the end of a race track. just depends how fast you want to get there :stir:
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Last edited by glen howell on September 3rd, 2009, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
gas is for washing parts, alcohol is for drinking,nitro is for racing
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i dont see why going to the trouble of putting newer cylinder on the old cases ? maybe im missing a ancient secret :?:
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Last edited by glen howell on September 3rd, 2009, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Glen, I havent got an open 86 case to look at, but do you know if there is enough material in that short deck to bore it for the newer jug?
glen howell

Post by glen howell »

Last edited by glen howell on September 3rd, 2009, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.