Modified Stock Reed Cage

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
CR500PHIL

Modified Stock Reed Cage

Post by CR500PHIL »

I recently acquired a CR 500 motor and at first could not figure out what kind of reeds it had. It was not RAD valve, not VForce and did not ressemble the stock cage. Upon further inspection the intake boot was carved flat on the back and the cage had just one center rib instead rather than three. It looks as though someone modified the stock cage so it had two sections like a RAD valve. The intake has also been modified as described. Has anyone else ever seen or done this? Does it increase the flow and horsepower? What I am thinking is why buy a RAD valve when I have a stock cage that has been modified and perhaps flows as good.
MICK

Post by MICK »

There are other reed valves available other than a Boyesen or V-Force. There's atleast two or three more that just aren't as popular.
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
CR500PHIL

Reed Cage

Post by CR500PHIL »

MICK wrote:There are other reed valves available other than a Boyesen or V-Force. There's atleast two or three more that just aren't as popular.
You can tell this one has been modified - quite obvious upon further inspection. I am just wondering how effective the modifications can be.
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

:worthless:
CR500PHIL

Post by CR500PHIL »

Balaclava wrote::worthless:
I will send some as soon as I get to the store and get new batteries. :)
CR500PHIL

Reed Cage

Post by CR500PHIL »

CR500PHIL wrote:
Screw it I am going to buy a vForce 3 reed block for the engine. I have had great results with them in my YZ 250 - awesome throttle response and cleaned up the low end jetting quite nicely.
Balaclava

Re: Reed Cage

Post by Balaclava »

CR500PHIL wrote:
CR500PHIL wrote:
Screw it I am going to buy a vForce 3 reed block for the engine. I have had great results with them in my YZ 250 - awesome throttle response and cleaned up the low end jetting quite nicely.
:woot: