Doing the right thing

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
Exnav

Doing the right thing

Post by Exnav »

Here's the story, I'm bored so humor me.

I bought a nice Weber S470 gas grill through Ebay about a month ago. I got a good deal even with shipping to the fly over zone. I paid for it with Paypal. It's all good, love the grill and it's been in use a lot lately. It was delivered to my door via UPS truck freight.

Fast forward to last Friday..... I get a call from the UPS freight dispatcher, much like I did a month ago and she tells me that I have a gas grill to be delivered on Monday(today) and will I be home. I tell her yes after asking her if she was sure that she actually had a grill for me, thinking this is a screw up at the freight dock etc.

Soooooooo..........today I am in my office and the doorbell rings and now I have another grill just like the one I bought a month earlier. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have had this nagging feeling ever since the initial phone call that if it did show up, then this was some sort of test. So I called the place I bought it from in Washington and told them the story. We'll see what happens from here, but they were a little surprised I called to tell them this.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

They will probably end up telling you to just keep it!
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Or ask you to ship it back and they'll reimburse you! :lol: :lol:
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

teemtrubble wrote:Or ask you to ship it back and they'll reimburse you! :lol: :lol:
I'll be happy to ship back to them at their expense, but storage charges are beginning to acrue. :lol: :lol:
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

To bad it wasn't a tailgate model. Sell it to me for half price + shipping. ~ Brit
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

It's all about the Karma my Brother.

You will avoid some nasty wipe-out because you called about the BBQ.

Good job! :P

"Skiddy"
:shark:
I'd rather be riding right now!!!

1982 CBX six, 04 XB12S Lightning, 91 XR100R, 03 Yosh DRZ450S, 74 DT250A, 80 CR125R, 79 Husky CR390, 02 RM250, 07 LTZ90, 75 914 2.0, 08 Tundra5.74x4
TYSTYX

Post by TYSTYX »

Skidmark wrote:It's all about the Karma my Brother.

Yep !! Have them send you a pre-paid shipping label and send that sucker back.
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

Still have a boxed up Weber S470 in my garage.
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

Yup, You did the right thing. But now if it were Carls jr. , del taco, or home depot as many times as they have screwed me/us I'd keep that sucker.
Sell her on E-bay.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

[quote=""SOLID", Bro!"]Yup, You did the right thing. But now if it were Carls jr. , del taco, or home depot as many times as they have screwed me/us I'd keep that sucker.
Sell her on E-bay.[/quote]

X2
atank

Post by atank »

Skidmark wrote:It's all about the Karma my Brother.

You will avoid some nasty wipe-out because you called about the BBQ.

Good job! :P

"Skiddy"
:shark:
Have you received that stock pipe yet?
atank

Post by atank »

Exnav, you did the right thing, have they wanted it back yet?
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

It's still here. It may disappear someday soon though. This thing retails for over 1500 bucks. You would think they would be a little more concerned.
atank

Post by atank »

Exnav wrote:It's still here. It may disappear someday soon though. This thing retails for over 1500 bucks. You would think they would be a little more concerned.
Nah, they probally were backed by Wa Mu!
quantum500

Post by quantum500 »

Reminds of really weird shipment of ford parts a got a couple of years ago. It was from a dealer in New Jersey. I'm in Colorado and have never purchased anything from them. It has my name on it. Contents are a bunch of miscellaneous wipers, filters, switches. Just shop stock kinda stuff. I call them and tell them what happened. They don't care, or don't get it. My wife calls twice they still don't get it. They want me to pay for shipping back. I'm completely dumbfounded as to how it made it to my house. Yes I checked to make sure I didn't get charged in some round the bout way. I still have parts. I made my way through all the wipers but still have plenty of ford focus oil filters and some off the wall the air filters. It was really weird though. How did they get my name and address and why didn't they care?
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

well, i know GM dealers change part numbers all the time, and when a part number changes, instead of cross-referencing the parts, they are supposed to get thrown away. well, we know some people, and were getting a truckload of new car parts every few weeks, ranging from useless BS to new hoods, bumpers, grilles, and even sets of corvette wheels, fenders, and 3 NOS gen 1 or 2 camaro bumpers from the late 60's/early 70's, not rly sure exactly what years.

this stuff is supposed to just go in the dumpster, and weve been getting it and selling it. lately, weve been throwing away really valuable stuff just cause we're OUT of room to pile the shit up.

so to me, THAT is a wierd way to deal with parts.........
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
ISBB

Post by ISBB »

NightBiker07 wrote:well, i know GM dealers change part numbers all the time, and when a part number changes, instead of cross-referencing the parts, they are supposed to get thrown away. well, we know some people, and were getting a truckload of new car parts every few weeks, ranging from useless BS to new hoods, bumpers, grilles, and even sets of corvette wheels, fenders, and 3 NOS gen 1 or 2 camaro bumpers from the late 60's/early 70's, not rly sure exactly what years.

this stuff is supposed to just go in the dumpster, and weve been getting it and selling it. lately, weve been throwing away really valuable stuff just cause we're OUT of room to pile the shit up.

so to me, THAT is a wierd way to deal with parts.........

so store it in your garage and sell the crap on ebay.. :D
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC