I can help you with your CRF conversion

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
bigpower

I can help you with your CRF conversion

Post by bigpower »

Although I don't personally have one, nor do I really feel the need or want to build one for myself, I did have a big hand in one a very good friend up here in Michigan did earlier this year. I made alot of the frame pieces for his conversion on my CNC machine that came out very nice and made his job alot easier. I'll get some pics posted of it for anyone interested in doing this type of conversion. There are a few tricks to doing these four stroke bikes, but I think what we learned along the way might make the job that much easier for someone else.
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Post dat' up..... Pronto!
hamilcrf

Post by hamilcrf »

I am interested in how ya did the head stay! Well the whole bike for that mater a freind is doing a 05 450 and is close yet tinkering with how to do the headstay. I say weld some tangs to the shock suport and run a piece of 1 inch square tube from the tangs to the 500 head and split the tube at the 500 head mount and bolt her up. Your thoughts?
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

That was a part of the bike I didn't get involved with, but not to worry. I'll take a couple shots of the headstay this weekend Kenny, and ask Rich and Ben what all went into it. Say no to the 1" tubing, it wasn't like that at all. That part is one that I believe is an easier part of the conversion. It's the lower cradle and raising the downtubes thats the bitch. Lemme get the pics. And I will post them soon as he lets me have em.

Heres the bike before the engine was completed

Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Bump- Dilly -Bump -Bump.....

Throw out that CRF conversion info, B.P.!