Packing for quiet...

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

aloha450x wrote:butt plug????? afterall it was in mikes trailer. :nyah:
Who the hell left the door open look what came in...

Here I fixed it for ya Mick

Damn I'm jealous you guys have cool toys and the attention span of a third grader!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

I better quit talking shit towards mike before he puts ball bearings in my frame. haha then again sh will prolly have to chop it up again to everything to fit. :P :P
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

hahaha maybe you'll get lucky and be able to drill a hole in the frame and they'll fall out!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

MICK wrote:
AlisoBob wrote: Why is my bike so quiet?

No rattles.
Yes. Here are some things I did to silence that crap: Slipped some clear rubber hose over the pipe springs. Siliconed the radiator grills in place. Glued some foam to the number plate where it makes contact with the forks. Shimmed the levers so they can't vibrate and use thin 1.5mm plastic washers behind the rad shrouds to prevent them from vibrating and eating into my aluminum frame. I think a good well done rebuild can reduce noise a great deal also. Apposed to a lot of big bores when they start, it's not the exhaust note you hear, but the dings, pings, knocks, and clunks of the motor.
Good info Mick, thanks :headbang:
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

stock silencer is real quiet with honda packing and sounds good to. only problem i had, it big as hell and rubbed on the tire
MICK

Post by MICK »

I love those stock Honda silencers too. But they were a little on the long and heavy side. Neat thing was they were about as quiet as a KDX. Very impressive for a MX bike. Nobody thought they were too cool back in the day when fourstrokes weren't making our ears bleed. If we only knew :roll:
'03 CR500 powered by...umm...a new motor?
DOHCFOX

Post by DOHCFOX »

Wait a minute, I thought you had to use that petroleum based stuff versus the water based stuff when you want to pack silently....

Oh shit, wrong forum.

So it sounds like the Honda can is the way to go. Other than stock Honda packing material, are there any other recommendations?
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

teemtrubble wrote:
britincali wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:His silencer is about the size of a 125......

So is the one on my 2000 and its still quiter than his, I dont think his has any packing left in it.
That's funny your wife said this morning that she wishes you could pack it like me! :wink:
Boy did you set yourself up for that. :rotfl: