thought i was finished...carb trouble!!

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

this isnt making sense. a long rod on a short deck bottom end would cause the piston to smash the head. theres about .080 squish on a stock head i think. 5mm= .200 :shock: does this make sense to anybody ?
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

oh nevermind i see what happened, he did the opposite of what i said. short rod on '87 bottom. :shock:. that aint a big deal, pull it out and have a new rod put on there. probly be $175-200 for rod and labor
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

AlisoBob wrote:A resleeved cylinder is only as good as the machinist who did it.....

My experience is its a crapshoot.

LA sleeve did mine 9 years ago on my race moter and they matched it exactly to the port work I have.... No complaints here...
Pete Loomis or Gss could do it with NO problem...
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

pstoffers wrote:
AlisoBob wrote:A resleeved cylinder is only as good as the machinist who did it.....

My experience is its a crapshoot.

Pete Loomis or Gss could do it with NO problem...
X3.14159265358979323846
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

slomas wrote:

X3.14159265358979323846
You trying to say ..."its as easy as ........

Image"
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

yes it seems i detuned my motor making like a cr400
no damn good :wink: p.m. sent graves
lesson learned:measure measure measure!
huh huh yeah, he said "rod" huh huh
i dont own assault rifles, i own homeland defense rifles!!!!
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

got my new (long rod) crank in today, it is beautiful. brand new pro series rod polished and trued. cant wait to put it in. still lokin for a cylinder cheap though, no luck yet.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

ive seen a few on the other site. or take a chance with ebay and hope you dont get a piece of shit. or do what i did and buy brandnew one. seems like they used to be $293 + ship from S/H
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

yeah, the new ones are 349.00 now. ill have to take my chances on a p.o.s. :roll:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

that sucks. they was $293 10months ago. hondaparts-direct has them for $337 which is now cheaper than S/H. ask glen if he can get them cheaper
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

310 at mrcycles
03 CRF450/85 500
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

well i have my new (long)rod installed and after bolting the top end in it was still only like 115 p.s.i. so i tore it down again. i measured the clearance and it is good but then i measured the bore......it is eggshaped. the cylinder is loosing it above the exhaust port. it is on its last bore too, so i bought one off ebay that was 90mm i knew it had a crack on the bottom of the skirt when i bought it but i can weld that. so i got the cylinder, grovved out the crack and welded it beautifully i must say.
however under closer inspection the cylinder had another crack around the middle of the cylinder across all the ports. damn! no welding that. so i guess it is new jug time. ill quit being a cheap ass i guess. but damn i just wanna ride you know. it has been since march since i have ridden it.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

dahondaboy wrote:yeah, the new ones are 349.00 now. ill have to take my chances on a p.o.s. :roll:
$349 now seems pretty cheap, huh?

I see so many people thowing money at junk parts.

"Do it once, Do it right" is often the cheap way too.....

Stop messing with garbage.
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

yeah. in wrong or broken parts im in it about 400 . with the wrong 85 rod and unuseable .80 over piston and my eggshaped jug and about three base gaskets. at leas my bottom end is new now. i just got a job at a kawasaki/arctic cat shop . so hopefully i can afford it soon. damn bike has got me workin 2 jobs to keep her happy. i might as well get married to it.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

dahondaboy wrote:yeah. in wrong or broken parts im in it about 400 . with the wrong 85 rod and unuseable .80 over piston and my eggshaped jug and about three base gaskets. at leas my bottom end is new now. i just got a job at a kawasaki/arctic cat shop . so hopefully i can afford it soon. damn bike has got me workin 2 jobs to keep her happy. i might as well get married to it.
you have another 500 or bike to ride ?
quantum500

Post by quantum500 »

AlisoBob wrote:
dahondaboy wrote:yeah, the new ones are 349.00 now. ill have to take my chances on a p.o.s. :roll:
$349 now seems pretty cheap, huh?

I see so many people thowing money at junk parts.

"Do it once, Do it right" is often the cheap way too.....

Stop messing with garbage.
Some people are just unlucky as dahondaboy has readily proven.
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

nope i got a honda atc 110 or the xs 650 climber but it dont do anything but uphill, i am itchin to ride bad
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

well holy crap people! there seems to be a huge jump in the prices of used cylinders. the market just fluctuated me in the ass!
looks like i probably wont get to ride the cr this season if a good one dont turn up soon. let me tell ya, it is killing me inside to not be riding.
when i hear the bikes up at the hills from my house and i see the jugless wonder sittin there in the garage i want to roll on the floor in a heroin withdrawl type action.
please please i beg of you guys that are enjoying your rides, look in your garage or buddys yard for a 88 top end. dahondaboy needs a fix! im turning into a suzukiguy dont let that happen to your bro! :cool:
oh and bob, i know you will say go buy a new one but i just cant afford 350+ dollars. theres no way. someone out there has to have one that they can sell me for a bill.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

have you checked the other site ? theres usually a ton of parts for sale over there
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

nope i didnt even think about it. im a one site kinda guy. but i can look huh. its not cheating.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

dahondaboy wrote: oh and bob, i know you will say go buy a new one but i just cant afford 350+ dollars. theres no way.
You dont think you have spent more than that already?
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

here we go again, i am bidding on a cr500 cylinder that is stock bore and comes with the piston, started at 99c so i bid it up to 70, then poof the war starts. i push it up to 90 but someone chips away at it passing me up so now i am chipping at him up tp 125. now with shipping it is 145.
man every time this happens. a new one is 350 so i refuse to pay half that for a used one but watch someone totally will. some people pay more than new price for things just to win the auction even if they dont really need it, but i have tottally seen it hapen many times. hello! its used parts people! :twisted: but anyhooo i will take it up to exactly half price of new and no more if someone bids over me they are not too bright or one of those warrers that just want to win. either way i think i am done with fleabay after this.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

DUDE A NEW HONDA CRANK ASSEMBLY IS $285 WTF!
Last edited by teemtrubble on August 19th, 2008, 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
bigpower

Post by bigpower »

Just send me the fuckin thing and I'll re sleeve it for ya for christ sake.

Jesus...........................
Kalkaska, the inbred capital of Michigan. ....a place you can walk into the greeting card aisle and find one that reads "Happy Birthday Uncle Dad"
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

teemtrubble wrote:DUDE A NEW HONDA CRANK ASSEMBLY IS $285 WTF!
let me try that again...

DUDE A NEW HONDA JUG IS $285 WTF! hahahahaha

I gotta take a vacation...

BTW... a Crank assembly is too!

PCP is a muther fuker!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!