rods??

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
aloha450x

rods??

Post by aloha450x »

what rods are the best and why? oem, hot rods, Vesrah, pro x,.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

OEM. Production tolerances are spot on.

Jerry Hall told me he buys OEM when he can. When he cant, he buys 10 aftermarket ones just to get 5 useable.
mega491

Post by mega491 »

A new crank assembly from Honda isn't that much more than a rod and installation. I got one for $325. It ran out at less than .0005" too.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

OEM
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

OEM tollerances are better. The hotrods are supposed to be stronger, and are shotpeened and have 2 wrist pin oil holes, but if ther tollerances aren't spot on... who cares!
when was the last time you saw a 500 snap a rod?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

dannygraves wrote: when was the last time you saw a 500 snap a rod?

I aint managed it ....... YET :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do however have $10 on Jay being the first when he uses the nitromethane :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

that's funny because I got into a big discussion about rods yesterday about the oem rod. and how they were the best and how I haven't heard of a busted rod. I have been doing a lot of reading and oem seems to be the concensus. just wanted to hear more thoughts.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

aloha450x wrote:oem seems to be the concensus. just wanted to hear more thoughts.
On most everything....

:wink:
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

AlisoBob wrote:
aloha450x wrote:oem seems to be the concensus. just wanted to hear more thoughts.
On most everything....

:wink:
X2!!!!!!!!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

dude whats with all the fuggin questions again????/ do some research. if you were asking ligitimate questions, it would be all cool...but you seem to ask questions just to kill time while sitting at home. all these questions have been discussed before, just go back a few pages in this section. it was probly you that created the same thread topic 3 months ago. i know for a fact that crank topic was discussed pretty thoroughly because i remeber danny saying exactly the same thing before. not to come off as a douche but damn dude :lol: . if you search and cant find the answer then by all means ask questions.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

aloha450x wrote:that's funny because I got into a big discussion about rods yesterday about the oem rod. and how they were the best and how I haven't heard of a busted rod. I have been doing a lot of reading and oem seems to be the concensus. just wanted to hear more thoughts.
you know the oem rod is the best, so you start up a thread about it :roll: .....just to confirm your thinking or why ? :? :lol:
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

because everyone has their own thoughs and wanted to hear what you guys HERE thought. but has anyone ever heard of a bust rod on a stock motor? be intresting to find out
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Read the famous quotes hahahahaha!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

P/P is going to snap a rod off, in your ass!
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

AlisoBob wrote:P/P is going to snap a rod off, in your ass!
Hahahahahahaha ah hahahahahaha! I know the real reason why he posted this, but no worries. just run that stocker till you blow it up then consider a hot rod. :o
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

actually that crank i got off ebay im hooking someone up with cause i dont need it but a bitching crank at 50 buck.. shit i couldnt help myself. haha. now as far as all the questions i ask im sorry if i offend anyone by using a forum for its purpose. not all of us know everything. people ask questions to learn or they can do it by trial and error with usually cost alot of money when you talk about motors. how many people here knew there were actually alot of different crank changes? bob mike danny shut up. lol i sure as the fuck didnt. ill i have ever heard it 87-01. and by asking a question we have a better answer. how many people knew that a stock 500 flywheel weighs 20.50 oz? well how cares but how many? that info might be useful to someone. i am a very inquistive person and when i have questions and am man enough to ask. and i would like to thank everyone that has answered all my questions no matter how noobish they might have been. after all we all were not born with the vast cr500 knowledge as others. now i have only been here a few months but in those few months i have gone to "does this thing have a oil filter" (first post i think) to pulling my motor apart and putting it back together. now i would have no problems taking it apart and putting it back together. and that is because of THIS site. im gonna go take a midol with a shot of wild turkey.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

No pills and booze remember... At least you asked first or did you fuk that up too?

My favorite question after beating the crank assembly out of the case's with a ball peen hammer... "What's wrong with this thing?" hahahaha
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

teemtrubble wrote: My favorite question after beating the crank assembly out of the case's with a ball peen hammer... "What's wrong with this thing?" hahahaha
its natural reaction to beat on the threads after a box of budweiser :lol:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I heard the threads were good, and it was the spline side that needed a lil lovin, who hasnt had to fix a cranks spline to make the gear fit on. When its hangin on a spline 1/2 inch in from the end of the shaft it just has a burr on it. Ive put a new crank in a bike, had the gear off to change the seal and then could not put the gear back on. The gear shifts on the splines a bit and its s.o.b. to get back on
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

it was the guy pimpin the crank on e-bay that smacked the threads