what is this????????? (not mine)

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
kball1313

what is this????????? (not mine)

Post by kball1313 »

_Haulin-Arse_

Post by _Haulin-Arse_ »

That my friend...Is a head that someone decided to add another spark plug to. Thats not a manufactured part. Custom Hackjob. I wonder if it really made any differance.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

A hundred bucks huh? I would like to see what it does, might be interesting. I rode a bike with two spark plugs in the head before, but you only used one plug at a time. It was for when you fouled one, you could swith the wire and use the other plug.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
Joshwfl

Post by Joshwfl »

Ported&Polished wrote:A hundred bucks huh? I would like to see what it does, might be interesting. I rode a bike with two spark plugs in the head before, but you only used one plug at a time. It was for when you fouled one, you could swith the wire and use the other plug.
I had a 76 Yamaha IT with a head like that. I only had to switch it once, but came in handy on the trail.
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

My old Honda Odyssey had the same thing...it did come in handy! I fouled plugs all the time back then...
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

I had a Butaco that used two plugs. I was told it ran off one up to a certain RPM and then the other one kicked in. I'm not 100% that is the way it worked; but I do know when it hit the power band, it would loop out on you if you weren't ready for it.
britincali

Post by britincali »

I never quite understood the "spare plug in head" idea, if you fouled the firing plug wouldnt the plug on the other side be fouled out as well????
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

its for high compression, when you're blowing out the spark on a single plug. Says it was a drag bike, likely was, theres a point where you load the engine so hard it simply cant jump a single spark.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

it worked so well, theyre now passing on the product to the ebay world :lol:
medic201

Post by medic201 »

It's a Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
"If you don't respect the explosive power of the two-stroke, you'll soon find yourself tumbling down the track like a monkey in a dryer"
MXA August 08
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I'm sure theres a situation that requires it, same as a top fuel car having dual plugs. i'm sure theres not to many nitro guys tho
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:its for high compression, when you're blowing out the spark on a single plug. Says it was a drag bike, likely was, theres a point where you load the engine so hard it simply cant jump a single spark.
turbo cars will blow out spark from compression, no reason to believe a really nigh compression N/A situation wouldn't.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ou812

Post by ou812 »

close the gap up a little