1200cc triple completed

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
4Z

1200cc triple completed

Post by 4Z »

Figured I would share this with you guys.
This fella asked me to build him a 1200 3 years ago. He ended up taking the trailer full of parts and the collecting dust completed motor to my pal's shop (ftxmotorsports.com) to finish it up. In no time the thing is read to hit the snow.....here is strange part, this time of year it would be a joke and the sled would go right back into the trailer until winter. But, we had soooo much snow this year and a cool spring/summer that guys are still riding....
We will see if he has the balls to ride it........ I think it is going to be a trailer queen.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2949495 ... 3056uIQvXl
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

ahhhh cool....
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sweet :cool: . any idea what kind of HP its putting out ?
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

You gonna add some wings to that? :cool:
I always will love snowmobiles.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
4Z

Post by 4Z »

100hp honda wrote:sweet :cool: . any idea what kind of HP its putting out ?
With the flatslide 40mm Mik's and his pump gas domes he will see 250 peak. the max that OEM parts based motor can do is 275-280 but the 250 ph is a better trail set up.
4Z

Post by 4Z »

CRMOE500 wrote:You gonna add some wings to that? :cool:
I always will love snowmobiles.
LOL....yeah, the guy that owns this sled is 150lbs soaking wet. I don't think he needs wings, just good life insuance..

Fins rock!!
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

What's up Lynn? Post the link to the 500+ hp sled! It makes me laugh everytime I see it. I would but, my mail server is down.
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
4Z

Post by 4Z »

teemtrubble wrote:What's up Lynn? Post the link to the 500+ hp sled! It makes me laugh everytime I see it. I would but, my mail server is down.
here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpoEjY7KDdo
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Just thought I'd share some of my favourite pics.
The 81 SRX 440 was a fast machine if it didn't blow up(most did on the lake), but this one still runs to this day. My one uncle had a Comet Clutch book with just about every snowmobiles hp rating up until 83 or 84 and it claimed 110hp for the 81. 80 or 90 seems more realistic to me, but maybe they meant that 110hp figure for the 82 SRX that Yamaha recalled and buried.
4Z, whats that baby like to pull over? 1200cc has gotta be tough on the shoulder!
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
"If the rule you followed led you to this of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Holy red headed mullet Batman! :lol:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
4Z

Post by 4Z »

4Z

Post by 4Z »

CRMOE500 wrote: 4Z, whats that baby like to pull over? 1200cc has gotta be tough on the shoulder!
First off, I must comment on the Geddy Lee (SP?) hair cut man!!!! Saweeeet!

these 1200's are easier to start than a billet cyl big bore twin. Or even a stock King Kat 900. the 120* firing order makes it easy.
Out of the 7 I built one ran 14.7:1 and it was the hardest but still simple to start. That motor was an animal. Better yet is the 1350cc that has the Union Bay Racing Polaris 900 billet big bore jugs on it.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:shock: sicky gnar gnars!
Ya, I just sold an '81 srx440 sled motor on ebay. My buddy got it from some guy locally with some carb peices missing. he put it in a honda odyssey with 2 39mm tm pro carbs and it screamed but we could never get it to idle and had major starting issues. he brought it over to my house for me to try to get it running better, but I ended up finding both cylinders were blowing 80-90psi. :shock: It would still spin the tires in my driveway! I can only imagine how it would have run if both cylinders weren't seized!
we ended up putting a skidoo 500 motor in that odyssey and it ran good, but the dude just sold it like a FAG! :roll:
now my buddy Dan is finishing a '79 polaris centurion 500 triple in an ez-go golf cart! I'll get some pics next week, he built a tube chasis and custom 3-link rear! :shock: its gonne beat some qwad and sandrail ass at dumont in the fall! :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

I was 19 when that pic was taken, and 16 years later I have not changed much! Hair is a little shorter now. My SRX would idle Danny, but wouldn't really go until about 8500 rpm and max out at 10500 almost. Only one way to start the bitch was to pull with choke on till she sputtered (no throttle!!!), and then pull with choke off. Never more than 7 pulls no matter how cold!
I'm not sure how accurate the speedo was but I did get her up to 110mph and still climbing until the sliders got hot and slowed me down.
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Friggin Axle Rose.....

:roll:
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

Jealous Bob because I have more hair than you? :rotfl: :clink:
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Don't Clyde it, ride it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

CRMOE500 wrote:Jealous Bob because I have more hair than you? :rotfl: :clink:
:nutkick:
CRMOE500

Post by CRMOE500 »

AlisoBob wrote:
CRMOE500 wrote:Jealous Bob because I have more hair than you? :rotfl: :clink:
:nutkick:
Bob showin' the love :nutkick: .
When all of my hair was really long I used to get called Axel Rose all the time! The women love it! Those were the days. After the haircut all I heard was "Hey Kevin Bacon, did you fall off the set of Foot Loose"? :lmao:
Fins Rule!
Liquids drool.