04 crf took her out at last

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
britincali

Post by britincali »

Slow old Fart wrote:
That is definetly one problem area of a 450 but the method I did my 2 by works fine but if you can adapt a new boot of some type that fits perfrectly would be better but I could not find one. One guy I built a 450 for told me he used a heat gun and stretched the boot to work correctly but my attempts to do this resulted in a split boot.

Post a pic of the hack job, I need a good laugh today.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
ou812

Post by ou812 »

It's all getting very clear as to why SOF does not post pics.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

AlisoBob wrote:
britincali wrote: That, without a shadow of a doubt is the biggest piece of shit info that has ever been typed on this site.
What about me rallying the troops behind Big Jay when he blew his shit up with plugged radiators, like a dumbass.....

ya, fucker lied to me too... said the cases weren't damaged! :evil:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
britincali

Post by britincali »

Well aint that a bitch, is that why he stopped posting?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

there isn't a hole in the bottom, but a few cracks, with one peice pushed out a little. oil leaking between the cracks!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

dannygraves wrote: ya, fucker lied to me too... said the cases weren't damaged! :evil:
That blows :(

I know a lot of people myself included tried to help him out on that deal. Guess thats what you get for good intentions and charity :roll:
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I called him.... no answer.

Left message, lets see whats shakes out....
Uzi

Post by Uzi »

Slow old Fart wrote: One guy I built a 450 for
You ask us which oil rusts motors out and what you should run to prevent smelling like 927

You tell us you never had to do anything but drop a frame off with "your guy" and he did all the work to convert it.

Then your building air boots with car parts, JB weld and a Dremel

And now you built a 450 coversion for someone else?

All this and never a single picture of any thing and never a post where you don't contradict something you said before :roll: :roll: :roll:
1982 XR200
1985 CR500 86' Motor
1990 CR500 85' Motor
2000 CR250
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I smell one foot, out the door.
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Uzi wrote:
You ask us which oil rusts motors out and what you should run to prevent smelling like 927

You tell us you never had to do anything but drop a frame off with "your guy" and he did all the work to convert it.

All this and never a single picture of any thing and never a post where you don't contradict something you said before :roll: :roll: :roll:
Scott seriously no shit dude WTF! What's happening with Big Jay?
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Uzi wrote:

hate to do it... but... X2

I have nothing against shit talkers, I can be a huge shit talker! Go ahead and say it like it is... we're all men here, but doing so without backing it up is just LAME :? I get real tired of the know it all who knows nothing...
just my .02
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

I get real tired of the know it all who knows nothing...
just my .02
But you really are tired of his Gen 1 shit talking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.....................................................me too.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

britincali wrote:
Slow old Fart wrote:
That is definetly one problem area of a 450 but the method I did my 2 by works fine but if you can adapt a new boot of some type that fits perfrectly would be better but I could not find one. One guy I built a 450 for told me he used a heat gun and stretched the boot to work correctly but my attempts to do this resulted in a split boot.

Post a pic of the hack job, I need a good laugh today.
Actually it works alot better than you think,I am waiting for someone to come up with a proper solution that is one of the reasons a 250 GEN 3 is better but my solution with shrink rap will look close to factory. If done corectly it flows great or as good as the proper airboot but needs dremel work.

It looks good, thick black duc tape over the outside works fine you do not notice it behind the rail.
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

dannygraves wrote:
Uzi wrote:

hate to do it... but... X2

I have nothing against shit talkers, I can be a huge shit talker! Go ahead and say it like it is... we're all men here, but doing so without backing it up is just LAME :? I get real tired of the know it all who knows nothing...
just my .02
I know not to build a gen one.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Exnav wrote:
I get real tired of the know it all who knows nothing...
just my .02
But you really are tired of his Gen 1 shit talking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.....................................................me too.
hehe...look, gen1 talk again! HAHAHAH :lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ben

Post by ben »

eyesky2002 wrote:Here is how I did my rads, my bike was missing them so I got mine from eBay. The left is a CRF450 rad and the right is a 01 CR250 rad. Only mod needed to the rads themselves was to turn the left bottom outlet up to meet the hose. Now had I got both 01 250 rads I would not have needed to have either rad moded. Note that the CRF 450 right rad is longer the left, to use a 250 rad you will need to move the rad mounts on the frame. I did and it worked out great.

As for the air box, 5 inches away??? My stock 450 is fine in length, but there is no way it will fit over the 500 carb lip. My understanding is a 00 boot is 6 3/4 at the longest point, a 98-99 is 7 1/16. My gap measures roughly 7 1/4, so I am going with the 98-99 setup. Give me a week and I will let you know how it turns out. Also I thought 01 and after 250's had a new carb and it would not fit on the 500 carb????
hi did you get chance to sort your air boot out thank for telling me about the rads just got to find a good set
ben

Post by ben »

eyesky2002 wrote:Here is how I did my rads, my bike was missing them so I got mine from eBay. The left is a CRF450 rad and the right is a 01 CR250 rad. Only mod needed to the rads themselves was to turn the left bottom outlet up to meet the hose. Now had I got both 01 250 rads I would not have needed to have either rad moded. Note that the CRF 450 right rad is longer the left, to use a 250 rad you will need to move the rad mounts on the frame. I did and it worked out great.

As for the air box, 5 inches away??? My stock 450 is fine in length, but there is no way it will fit over the 500 carb lip. My understanding is a 00 boot is 6 3/4 at the longest point, a 98-99 is 7 1/16. My gap measures roughly 7 1/4, so I am going with the 98-99 setup. Give me a week and I will let you know how it turns out. Also I thought 01 and after 250's had a new carb and it would not fit on the 500 carb????
are any other of the cr250 rads the same as the 01 rads i can get a set of 02 rads but will these work the same as the 01 with out modding them
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

ben wrote: are any other of the cr250 rads the same as the 01 rads i can get a set of 02 rads but will these work the same as the 01 with out modding them
They will work, only difference is the left radiator has the bottom outlet coming of the corner of the tank rather then the backside face like my left; you could say a mirror of the right radiator minus the drop outlet to the water pump.
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
ben

exhaust mount

Post by ben »

started to make the exhaust mount iv used one of the 450 head mounts

here it is marked to be drilled out

now drilled and cut

here it is with the rubber mount and ready to be bolted on iv used one of the 450 spacers

and heres how it looks bolted up
ben

Post by ben »

head stay now done just needs welding
dezertryno

Post by dezertryno »

Nice work. How do you do such nice work in a shop that looks like that? Do you get tired of walking around in a pile of alum shavings? Or searching for a tool that's "somewhere" on the bench? :shock:
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Is that a solid bar? How did you roll that?
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
ben

Post by ben »

dezertryno wrote:Nice work. How do you do such nice work in a shop that looks like that? Do you get tired of walking around in a pile of alum shavings? Or searching for a tool that's "somewhere" on the bench? :shock:
i realy dont know how i find anythin in there i realy need to get the place clean
ben

Post by ben »

teemtrubble wrote:Is that a solid bar? How did you roll that?
yes it is solid bar and belive it or not it started life as a caravan door handle
i found liying around in the back and it perfect for the job with a little cutting i have another one i will post a pic of it when i get chance
teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Who would have thought a "Caravan" better known as the RV in the states. Kudo's I commend you on your ingenuity my friend!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)