SH gen 3 wishbone???

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Re: SH gen 3 wishbone???

Post by AlisoBob »

chachi243 wrote: If there was a frame or radiators with welds like those that a newbie/anyone other than SH built, you guys would be like "right on man, another AFC in the books! Nice job bro! Keep up the good work!"
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... 2&start=60

Not true at all, but I will say that their is a different level of expectation on a noobie bike that is 100% home grown, vs. a professionaly assembled one.
britincali

Post by britincali »

chachi243 wrote:If there was a frame or radiators with welds like those that a newbie/anyone other than SH built, you guys would be like "right on man, another AFC in the books! Nice job bro! Keep up the good work!" its fuckin' LAME and it makes all us hoons look bad. Kooks! I'm going to the garage now.
:knock:

What planet/website are you looking at? If someone does something shit / lame / weak / afro engineered they are pulled on it here.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
chachi243

Post by chachi243 »

AlisoBob wrote:Not true at all, but I will say that their is a different level of expectation on a noobie bike that is 100% home grown, vs. a professionaly assembled one.
whatever, im over it, if you guys wanna argue, hit up slow old fart, he lives for that shit. I just hate wasting my time with the negativity. it's just unnecessary. I guess i was high in thinking i was making any sense. "Can you hold it for me, it's MY turn to beat it." "It's a dead horse, it aint going to move"...."JUST HOLD IT FOR ME GODDAMMIT!"
Last edited by chachi243 on June 7th, 2008, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

pstoffers wrote:Image
THATS COOL
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

chachi243 wrote:
PowerFiend wrote:Hey all,
I'm looking for information on the SH AJ conversions for the gen 3 wishbone. Is it billet like their newer bikes and the TT bikes? Pics would be great. :)

I'm trying to come up with a list of pros and cons between the SH and TT conversions.

thanks.
Greg you shit starter! :rotfl: gosh i thought i was at the regular 500 site again for a minute or 20. This is a fuckin' PERFECT example of why i found that other site so lame, puhhleeeeeze dont make me bring the peoples' elbow out of retirement. AJ, in case you forgot, youre mostly just an asshole for sharing information while trying to make a living doing something you love! This is america, how dare you stick up for yourself! Plus you're like what, a gazillion trillionaire by now? pffft*just kidding bud* I dont get some people, well most people for that matter. But i will be pissed if this site swings THAT other site's way you bastards! NOBODY cares how much money you have or dont have or can possibly save, if you dont like it then don't buy it but if you can't actually personally weld, than shut the fuck up about the welds. If it was easy or inexpensive, no one would ask "where do i take this to be welded when im done with the sawzall?" If you can actually weld and you just want to be a dick, EAT one while you're at it. I hated that other site MOSTLY for when everytime i posted a build pic some deuchenozzle (engineer) would reply how i should have done something better or whatever.... Most people who have the money and prefer to walk in and buy or finance versus hand-building their own (and all the time and hustling that goes along with that) could give a shit and actually don't really know exactly what they are looking at/for anyways, good or fucked. I know if i built everything like it was my very own i'd be OUT OF BUSINESS. I used to work for a guy who "knew" how to build everything and never actually built jack shit with his own hands, oh he could tell me how i was supposed to be doing it, but he couldn't show me how to do anything except talk shit.....i can't stand pussies like that. If there was a frame or radiators with welds like those that a newbie/anyone other than SH built, you guys would be like "right on man, another AFC in the books! Nice job bro! Keep up the good work!" its fuckin' LAME and it makes all us hoons look bad. Kooks! I'm going to the garage now.
:knock:
What the fuck planet did you just come from. We give eachother a way harder time than we give AJ. The only reason we give AJ and SH a hard time at all is because for the top dollar the bikes cost and the fact that they are brand new, I know I would be pissed if it came with welds like that if I bought one. Like I've said before, I shouldn't feel like I can get the same or better welds from a $200 MIG when SH probably has a $10,000 TIG setup and a certified welder.
And yes, I did get a hard time for my welds, and a couple others have gotten a hard time about having afro-engineered looking conversions. If you can't take it, don't post pics.
I have all the respect for AJ, he's "living the dream" and a cool guy by my book.
Let me ask you, if you took your truck to 4 wheel parts and had a procomp lift installed and it had shitty booger welds, would you start some shit, because I know for sure I would. This is no different, SH is a professional company that charges top dollar and should dish out top quality. :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

I am actually looking forward to when i get ripped on for my bikes ugly welds . :cool: it's taking me so god damn long to even get the frame welded i could give a fuck about what the welds on peoples bikes look like...keep up the good work boys!

p.s. all i've ever really noticed about this site is that most of the people are down to earth and really respect what each other are doing...
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

dannygraves wrote: SH is a professional company that charges top dollar and should dish out top quality. :wink:
:applaud:

Post by AJ »

Paul-
truly its all good.
and thanks for the PM ,appreciate it.
i do respect your position on some given detail ..
hopefully you can respect my position as well ,
on the bike as a complerte package.
my work has stood the test of time and thousands of units out there.

Iggy-(steve)
i did not post that ?
nor write the reciept..
or have anything to do with the sale.or its paperwork.
if some SH salesman put any numbers on there ,it was certainly considered the CUSTOMERS private information, sent directly to him, on his Bill of sale, and not intended to be shared publicly by a third party years later.
(sorry paul , but you shouldnt have posted that. you could have just corrected me on the pricing, obviously i had forgotten which various years it changed, and to what. and i would gladly have admitted i was wrong,, it happens all the time, just ask my wife.)

and iggy (steve)
after its pulled to protect the original dudes privet info..
why the heck are you posting it again?

my bad?
gimmie a break bro.
seriously.

i'm not the one posting someone's personal info..
and I ask you(or bob) to edit your post man.
leave some random hoons personal info out of it?
paul made an unintentonal mistake by posting it,
dont compound it.

Shannon, (sorry for the typo/name )
you contacted me (just like mike *TT* did) when you originally got involved in this.You know i always respected what you did,, and did help out when i could.
I think in particular the gen 1 PDF you did was great!!
and got a lot of guys the courage to tear into thier bikes and build one.
:) you know i thought it was fine at the time, as we talked about it..
and i give you props for the work put into it all. I trie dto help when i couldm ,and did sell pipe silencers to those doing a build that contacted me about doing there personal bike as well. .
its always been cool between us and cant imagine that changing.
Youve always had a good overall take on this stuff, i appreciate it.

as far as mickey- I always gave him props..
and yeap Mickey is old school. but not any more so then myself.bruce, scott, or any of us vet mx guys, that had the first 3 gen1 AF's ever built.
(modded frames by Mickey,assembled at SH , i think mickey assembled bruces since it was his local riding bud )
Mickey did about 10 frames for service..got too busy and swamped with other work,, and we did the other 80 or so that first year.
things progressed quickly from 98 and on..
BIGWORM500

Post by BIGWORM500 »

Sounds like everyone just needs to get :bong: :bong:
2003 AF 500
2004 CRF 50
1979 XR 500 road and trail
500hp 68 Camaro
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

BIGWORM500 wrote:Sounds like everyone just needs to get :bong: :bong:
:lol: probably right! :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

BIGWORM500 wrote:Sounds like everyone just needs to get :bong: :bong:
In Deed :cool:
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
chachi243

ah shit

Post by chachi243 »

truth is i look up to all of you guys and the many one-off ways each person builds their own vision on their budget and with the tools they can afford.....and although i don't really know any of you guys as well as you all know each other, i just think the dead horse beating is bad form. I already said it so i'll give it a rest but I guess it dissappoints me...... i know i know im going to get a kleenex and i'll be okay after a good cry....i just think that ribbing your friends is one thing, offering constructive criticism and asking blunt questions isnt a big deal either, but flat out saying welds look like peanut butter, well even if they are haggered thats just not very nice. I know Bob hasnt appointed me the manners police so i'll take a midol and get off it (my period and the soapbox) but man when i was drunk earlier it really pissed me off. This site and the sharing of CRITICAL info IS tenfold of that "other" site. I do think i will hold off on posting pictures of my kids junior speedway bike i built, at least til a few of those recommended bongrips ensue.....brit.....brit.......pass that shit! . YOU FUCKIN' CRAZY HOONS !!! Im goin ridin'! Bob, you going to costa mesa on fathers day weekend? is your boy ridin' the amatuer afternoon?
britincali

Post by britincali »

Heres one for ya man :D

:bong:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Exnav

Post by Exnav »

1. We all are on the same team. It's Service Honda, not Service Yamaha building AF YZ490's. I am happy that AJ and those guys do what they do and keep the bike alive for those that cannot or do not want to build one themselves. Look at the history post over on the other site and after reading it, someone tell me they are not glad SH is building their bikes.

2. Opinions vary.....if you own a SH bike and are happy with it, then who cares what others might say. You paid for it, so screw everyone else. That's fair enough. It's also fair enough for those that don't own a SH bike to have an opinion and voice it if they choose. It's the American way. If flaws weren't ever pointed out, how would things improve? Someone must of told Henry Ford one day that black just doesn't cut it for everyone.

3. Be thankful that this site allows an opinion to be expressed instead of putting people on BLAST.
Money ain't got no owners, only spenders - Omar Little
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

AJ wrote:Shannon,........Youve always had a good overall take on this stuff, i appreciate it.
I've been talking A/F stuff with Shan for , like, 3 years...

FROM DAY ONE, Shan has givien AJ nothing but praise for sharing info, and getting him started off on the right foot.

In a way, I glad this thread got a beating.... look where it has ended...

:wink:

Thanks AJ, for hearing us.... over all the clatter.

teemtrubble

Post by teemtrubble »

Exnav wrote: If flaws weren't ever pointed out, how would things improve? .
EXACTLY!!!!!!!
Mike

teem trubble works CR500
(Gen 3 125+CR500 motor)
If I wanted a Yamaha I would have bought a piano!
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

teemtrubble wrote:
Exnav wrote: If flaws weren't ever pointed out, how would things improve? .
EXACTLY!!!!!!!
X2

still waiting on 09' improvements question to be answered

Post by AJ »

Ryan-

Like any manufactuer of production motorcycles, we are contunially revising and improving our line up of
CR500AF, KX500AF, Junior R, Junior X, and SH250R ATV's
Specificationds and new options will be availible when the 09 models are released, just like any manufactuer.

This bike is well known for its performence
and is the dream bike of many riders, and holds several world records.
(both thoese men, robbie and trigger purchesed thier CR500AF's and are incredibly happy with thier bikes,and are repeat ciustomers)

Many riders prefer one brand to another because of percieved performence or asthetics.

So it is competelly understandable if this particular production motorcycle is not your personal dream bike.

Have you personally tested a 08 CR500AF?
you have some concerns on a detail of the asthetics..
but i'm not sure you have actually looked at an 08 model.
regardles the concerns are noted.
Now since it is a production dirt bike,
have you teste done and do you have some input on improving its performence?
I would be glad to listen.

I feel lit is the best 500cc 2 stroke off road production motorcycle availible.
Now quite obviously since its my blood sweat and tears ,
i'm biased, but a very large portion of the industry press agrees,
and have been publishing essentially that for a decade.
This includes the years Kawasaki and Honda were still offering bikes in that vein, and Service Honda was,and is, the benchmark and standard for production 2 stroke 500cc off road motorcycles.

The thought that a quality one off shop like BBR ,
could copy and duplicate the bike,
at a higher cost, and raise the aesthetic standard up from any given production model, isnt really a debate is it?
The bike would cost a lot more ,but perform the same.
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Where the heck are my SH swingarm decals AJ? :wink: :lol:

Off topic but, once again, thank you for everything. You really went above and beyond and I greatly appreciate that! :D
PowerFiend

Post by PowerFiend »

chachi243 wrote:Greg you shit starter! :rotfl:
:doh: -> :hijacked:

People let's not lose focus here, that we are all here to keep the 500 2-stroke alive. AJ and SH play a very important part in that. They are able to get many new 500's out into service, bring new breatheren into the fold, and get publicity by getting their conversions into magazine print.

Now I'm not saying you need to treat AJ with Kid gloves, but please think before you type. :wink: Having him around is a good thing. :)
1997 CR500R + 2002 CR250R = 2002 CR500RR
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Exnav wrote: 2. Opinions vary.....if you own a SH bike and are happy with it, then who cares what others might say. You paid for it, so screw everyone else.
:eatdrink:
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
teamdns

Post by teamdns »

AJ wrote:Ryan-

Like any manufactuer of production motorcycles, we are contunially revising and improving our line up of
CR500AF, KX500AF, Junior R, Junior X, and SH250R ATV's
Specificationds and new options will be availible when the 09 models are released, just like any manufactuer.

This bike is well known for its performence
and is the dream bike of many riders, and holds several world records.
(both thoese men, robbie and trigger purchesed thier CR500AF's and are incredibly happy with thier bikes,and are repeat ciustomers)

Many riders prefer one brand to another because of percieved performence or asthetics.

So it is competelly understandable if this particular production motorcycle is not your personal dream bike.

Have you personally tested a 08 CR500AF?
you have some concerns on a detail of the asthetics..
but i'm not sure you have actually looked at an 08 model.
regardles the concerns are noted.
Now since it is a production dirt bike,
have you teste done and do you have some input on improving its performence?
I would be glad to listen.

I feel lit is the best 500cc 2 stroke off road production motorcycle availible.
Now quite obviously since its my blood sweat and tears ,
i'm biased, but a very large portion of the industry press agrees,
and have been publishing essentially that for a decade.
This includes the years Kawasaki and Honda were still offering bikes in that vein, and Service Honda was,and is, the benchmark and standard for production 2 stroke 500cc off road motorcycles.

The thought that a quality one off shop like BBR ,
could copy and duplicate the bike,
at a higher cost, and raise the aesthetic standard up from any given production model, isnt really a debate is it?
The bike would cost a lot more ,but perform the same.
thanks for the reply and your time AJ,

the first part sounds just like a copy and posted an ad you guys have...sorry

In your “ad” the first part you stated “we are continually revising and improving our line up………..”

Please answer this question with a strait forward answer: aside to using the latest generation Honda frame and components, what does Service Honda do to revise and improve with every model and year?

You also talked about dream bike, if I were not for this forum and others…the only guys name you would really hear about is Service Honda. If I were uninformed and purchased a bike from Service Honda and received the same quality work on the EVERY conversion I have personally seen ..…I would have sent the bike right back and refused it. When you are in the business of building people their dream bikes, why disappoint them with misaligned pipes, bad ignition systems, trouble with shifts, welds that look rougher than if my 8 year old tried to JB weld the stuff together and so on.…..i know you have many happy customers, im sure you have many happy customers but with some have they ever had the chance to compare your work against others? Do they have the experience to know anything different. If they did you might have a few unhappy guys, some of the other ones might not admit it due to pride from spending so much.

Do you think with your “quality” work would ever fly if it were work on a Harley Davidson? I think not… the bike industry would spit you out like a turd in a punch bowl.

You talk about performance….sure a ferrari will handle and perform the same with a fucked up paint job and torn interior…but really who the hell wants that?

No I have not personally tested an 08’ with the work I have seen, should I? are you willing to send detailed photos of the bike and your continued revising and improving?

You also talked about the press………I’ve been around the block or two with the tests and write ups on products in the mags…so im not going to go over the ways of a good write up….or a bad one.

Yes there is a difference between a one off and a production….BUT production doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice absolute quality and the best available for your customers. I would be sickened if I did as many bikes as you and have not got welding down to science. I want to see the cr500 go on for a long time, I want to be able to buy my son a new 500 when he’s old enough…don’t know if that would be possible in 8+ years but I sure want it to be. Lets raise the bar and give the guys that ride cr500’s their dream bikes that they can be proud of for years to come, not some weld job the 6 year old did on a huffy in china.

Lastly…..AJ I know I have been rough on you as of late…has nothing to do with you personally....it does have to do with Service Honda’s poor quality workmanship and what seems to me is making sure the customers are ill informed when it comes to the competition. We all work hard for our money these days (except brit, he doesn’t work) why disappoint us.

Don’t forget to answer this one: aside to using the latest generation Honda frame and components, what does Service Honda do to revise and improve with every model and year?

Thank you

Post by ISBB »

was SH one of my dream bikes YUP... then i learned about this site and realize i can make my dream come true for alot less thank a 10k price tag.. so that SH name has hit the back burner. :D

Just my 2 cents.
97 Steel 500 that wants to be an AFC
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ISBB wrote:was SH one of my dream bikes YUP... then i learned about this site and realize i can make my dream come true for alot less thank a 10k price tag.. so that SH name has hit the back burner. :D

Just my 2 cents.
x2 7 or 8 years ago, I remember dreaming of a SH AF, I remember going to the website and checking them out.... Guess I'm realy living the dream now with 2 home made ones! :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80