pumper carb

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
tweav

pumper carb

Post by tweav »

I am wondering if a carb with a accel pump would work better or worst then the non pump carbs on a 500 . then the other thing is the tps sensor could a ignition be found that would work with a two stroke with a tps sensor ? if so off of what?
britincali

Post by britincali »

Accel pumps are only needed to eliminate the bog/flatspot on fourstrokes.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
tweav

Post by tweav »

Are you sure a two stroke would not run better with one too ? It stands to reason that the carb acts the same way on ether engine . I would think you could dial in your air-fuel ratio better with a pump . I've noticed that any engine I've had on a dyno spiked toward lean when you crack on it. I realize these carbs were made to patch up 4-stroker crappy performance .
dahondaboy

Post by dahondaboy »

I would think that it would have a detrimental affect on a two stroke by adding fuel where it isnt needed, causing a rich spot and maybye a bog.
i dont own assault rifles, i own homeland defense rifles!!!!
tweav

Post by tweav »

I would think If you would run a two stroke on a dyno with a wide band o2 sensor , you would find it goes lean when you first crack on it just like a 4 smoked. It's just the way a normal carb has to work it does not suck extra fuel out of the bowl until the first few cfm's of air has rush passed the jets. Also you guy's do know you can adjust the accel pumps timing a discharge amounts . So it could be tuned in
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

90cr500guy

Post by 90cr500guy »

My thoughts on a pumper carb
My '78 400twin honda did not have a pump
my '81 400 twin did
Manual stated that they went to the pump to eliminate the flat spot when they leaned out the carbs for emissions reasons

The carbs on both bike are the same type, just the later one have the pump in the bowl
Brit's queer