Tach?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
fastkart

Tach?

Post by fastkart »

I'm looking at getting a tachometer, but don't want to spend a fortune. I'm needing something that will record the highest RPM reading, as I won't have time to be looking down at it. Recommendations?

Update- Looking at a Trailtech Vapor, and seems pretty nice. Anyone have experience with one?
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

I have the trailtech. awesome product. it has speed temp tach clock. top speed high temp. has a shift light. also same light is used for a warning temp. you set everything. I am really impressed with mine and cheap for a 100bucks. the rpm is a wire wrapped aroun the plug wire. the temp has a sensor that you cut your rad hose and clamp in. and speedo is a wire and magnet on the front rotor mount bolt. the screen has like 3 diffrrent views. like tach is main with temp and time. or speed time and odometer. you get the point. well worth it.
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

Awesome. I think I may pick one up. The speedo would be nice to have, but is useless to me unless I can set it for my wheel size and such. I'm running the cr5 on a kart, so my wheels are alot smaller than those on a bike.
aloha450x

Post by aloha450x »

I have th vapor. the book has a formula to set the speedo.
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

:cool:
4Z

Post by 4Z »

Digitron does EGT as well
Used them on sleds, they make them for Karts

http://www.digatronusa.com/products-karts.shtml#50
fastkart

Post by fastkart »

I'm familiar with the digitron products, but for the basic feature's I'm wanting (rpm and water temp) I'm looking at twice the cost of the trail tech. I have a water temp gauge, but I question it's accuracy since I've never seen it above 165. I was thinking that while not exactly for the particular application, the trailtech vapor should do what I'm looking for. Bang for the buck is what I'm looking for.