Flat Rear Tire

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
LawBrkrRcn

Flat Rear Tire

Post by LawBrkrRcn »

OK Guys,
I took my CR500AF to the track today for the first time (just got it two weeks ago) and got a flat rear tire within 10 laps. Its a 19" with one rim lock on it and 14lbs of pressure. Is this common on these bikes with the 19" rim. I have ridden my other bike YZ450F with this same set up and never got a flat. Thanks L8R Mark
jigggawatt

Post by jigggawatt »

Make sure all the spokes are tight. I also use good duct tape around the rim . Pull the tube out . When you find your leak it should tell you what went wrong. I've had many bikes with 19" rims and never hand a flat problem. I would make sure you didn't tear the valve stem, if so I would ad a second rim lock.
LawBrkrRcn

Flat Rear Tire

Post by LawBrkrRcn »

Well I took the tire of and found a 4" piece of steel rod inside. Put four holes in my tube. Oh well at least I know what it was. L8R Mark
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

So was the metal something left inside the tire, or something you ran over at the track?
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
TJC510

Post by TJC510 »

or was it a spoke that got sucked inside?
TJ
2005 cr500af
2008 300XC/w
LawBrkrRcn

Post by LawBrkrRcn »

Guys,
It was a big ass nail. I was riding a Milestone in So Cal and it used to be a horse ranch. Funny thing was it was all the way inside the tire. Must have gotten it going up a jump or on the landing. Never seen anything like it before. L8R Mark