Awesome Score!

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
2weelz

Awesome Score!

Post by 2weelz »

OK fellas, just wanted to show off my new roller. I've been eyeballing it on Craigslist for about a week now. '02 CR250 with 3hrs from new. It's pretty much stock except for PC suspension for 250 lbs with triples/bar mounts and Renthal Twinwalls. And who is the PC suspension setup for you might ask? That would be Mr. Ken Griffey, Jr! Turns out he bought it new and only put a few hours on it along with a couple other bikes. This thing is like new except for normal wear from being handled and moved around. Got it for $1750. I figure the engine will bring a premium being that it's minty fresh. I might ditch the triples also to get some money back. It's dirty right now so the pic isn't that great. Just thought I'd share.

Oh, and I just bought a nice '01 5hundy for $1900. I think it will be a happy marriage! Unfortunately, I'm going to marry my '01 250 and '94 500 before these two so they'll be on the back burner for a short while. Peace and chicken grease.

Steiner 311

Post by Steiner 311 »

Congrats- Mighty fine price I might say so too!

Jas.....................................................................................................
"Practice does NOT make perfect, only perfect practice makes perfect!"
Slow old Fart

Post by Slow old Fart »

I believe I remember reading that Ken's children were all into moto and I believe they were good freinds with Bubba? And I believe Ken confessed that moto x was what he thought the hardest sport in the world. I have to agree.

For 1750 that was a scam! You might want to keep it the way it is and sell it for retirement claiming it do be belong toba a blackman that was a sports star?
Joshwfl

Post by Joshwfl »

Nice work! I didn't realize you were in Orlando, I'm in Winter Haven.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Griff's stats say he weighs 205...

Must of had it sprung during the off season!!

:wink:

Nice find.
2weelz

Post by 2weelz »

AlisoBob wrote:Griff's stats say he weighs 205...

Must of had it sprung during the off season!!

Nice find.
Hmmm, maybe they mixed up the numbers...I didn't think it felt like 250 lb suspension.
2weelz

Post by 2weelz »

Joshwfl wrote:Nice work! I didn't realize you were in Orlando, I'm in Winter Haven.
I'm right next to Orlando airport. The bike came from Winter Garden. BTW, how did you know I was from O-town?
Last edited by 2weelz on February 15th, 2008, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Or he wore allot of gear!

2weelz

Post by 2weelz »

That's a possiblilty, Bob. The guy I bought it from said Griffey is 6'5 250. I couldn't tell you one way or the other. Griffey traded it to a place near me that builds million dollar Busas and other useless sportbikes. They didn't have use for it so I ended up with it. +1 for me!...make that +4.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Joshwfl

Post by Joshwfl »

2weelz wrote:
Joshwfl wrote:Nice work! I didn't realize you were in Orlando, I'm in Winter Haven.
I'm right next to Orlando airport. The bike came from Winter Garden. BTW, how did you know I was from O-town?
Saw it in your for sale post.