Vick get 23 Months

Express YOUR point, no pissing matches.

List sources whenever possible!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Vick get 23 Months

Post by AlisoBob »

Vick gets 23 months in dogfighting ring By LARRY O'DELL, Associated Press Writer

RICHMOND, Va. - Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison Monday for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy that involved gambling and killing pit bulls.

U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson could have sentenced the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback to up to five years. Vick pleaded guilty in August, admitting he bankrolled the "Bad Newz Kennels" dogfighting operation and helped kill six to eight dogs.

Nobody is a bigger dog lover than me, but aprox 104 days per dog seems a little excessive. Not counting losing millions and millions of dollars.

I thought he was going to get about a year.

In a similar story...

Peter Edwards
Staff Reporter

PETERBOROUGH — The babysitter who beat 21-month-old Jenna Mellor to death was sentenced today to 22 months in jail.

"I'd like to say I'm sorry for the loss to the family," the babysitter, now 24, told court today. "... I want to thank my family and friends for love and support."

The apology, which took about 20 seconds, came more than 10 years after Jenna was beaten dead on the night of Jan. 20-21, 1997.

The babysitter confessed to the crime to an undercover police officer last fall, and pleaded guilty in December.

Sexual assault charges against him were dropped at the time, as the Crown said there wasn't enough evidence to proceed.

Sobbing could be heard from the half of the courtroom where Jenna's family sat. The other side of the courtroom was occupied by the killer's friends and family, and they were more subdued.

The killer didn't show any emotion during a 25-minute victim-impact statement by Waudby, and another 10-minute statement from Jenna's older sister, Justine Traynor.

Waudby told court of the hell she experienced the night she saw Jenna's body and then when she lost custody of her other daughter because police suspected Waudby of the murder.

"The only part that I could identify was her beautiful red hair," Waudby said, addressing the killer by his first name.

Court heard a psychological assessment of the babysitter, which concluded that he had limited guilt for the killing or for the suffering that the Waudby family experienced when Brenda Waudby was charged with murder.

Court earlier heard the sitter was upset because he didn't want to babysit the child.

Nice.....
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

This system is so F#$ked up, its not even funny. These two get off soooo easy for killing. And some poor dude will get pulled over for not wearing his seat belt, will get busted for a DUI after opening his second beer from his six-pack, and will have a little sack of weed in his back pocket, and he'll get 10 years! It's just crazy!

On Vicks case, he didn't just kill the dogs, he tortured them then killed them. He's almost just as fuc%ed up as others who do kill people.
Last edited by mxracr121 on December 10th, 2007, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

or how about tax fraud, if you don't have a good lawyer the IRS will throw your ass in and burry the key!!! but these assholes get off so freaken easy!!!!
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
mxracr121

Post by mxracr121 »

dannygraves wrote:or how about tax fraud, if you don't have a good lawyer the IRS will throw your ass in and burry the key!!! but these assholes get off so freaken easy!!!!
Yup, I was going to add that in too.
Too much of a puss for a 500!

www.approvedpainting.net
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

Vicks a worthless piece of shit he deserves what he got. I hope he never plays again serves him right somebody should torture him like he did the dogs $.02 .
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500