MxDogger Gen 5 conversion Built for Mudguts

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
mxdogger

MxDogger Gen 5 conversion Built for Mudguts

Post by mxdogger »

Here is a build i started at least a 1 1/2 years ago for Mudguts who lives in Australia. It started out as just a frame conversion then it was relized i needed it to be a roller to figure motor placement.

As mudguts purchased parts over this time period i did what i could until the bike was completed, the bike really turned out awesome. it is on it's way to Australia as we read this, en joy the pics.

JB

Post by JB »

Hey mxdogger, do you have any spare headstays and weld on headstay mounts like this one??
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I have a couple questions, more about product than process :lol:

the seat, is it tacky feeling? kinda like a gripper?
hows the fit? does it leave a gap anywhere more than a stock one?

the tank, does it feel huge wide or is that width above where your legs would hold?

I'm piecing mine together right now and hope to get a good idea of what i should do before i spend the $ :lol:

With the amount of room under the tank bro and I are thinking of building an aluminum one.
mxdogger

Post by mxdogger »

JB, currently the headstay block was a one off. the headstays i have had, need to have more made up as im down to my last one. I do not sell my parts, i have sold a couple headstays and frame rails but really there's people out there who would buy them then copy them for their own profit. besides that my headstay wouldn't fit other builds unless you started with it, SORRY.
Last edited by mxdogger on April 20th, 2013, 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
mxdogger

Post by mxdogger »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:I have a couple questions, more about product than process :lol:

the seat, is it tacky feeling? kinda like a gripper?
hows the fit? does it leave a gap anywhere more than a stock one?

the tank, does it feel huge wide or is that width above where your legs would hold?

I'm piecing mine together right now and hope to get a good idea of what i should do before i spend the $ :lol:

With the amount of room under the tank bro and I are thinking of building an aluminum one.
Adam the seat on this bike fit well except for meeting the tank, there's a button on the tank the seat needs to slide into. It didn't fit on the oversize tank. After laying my stock gen5 seat next to the acerbis it was obvious that the front mount on the seat was in the wrong location, i didn't find this out until i was ready to ship the bike so mudguts said he would figure it out when it got to him.

To answer about the stickyness, the seat feels hard, has nubs on it,
it's rough feeling and i wouldn't use one if you gave it to me !

The tank is another story, it is big enough to push the rad covers outward causing the plastics to fit tightly, it was a pain to install rad covers. At the time of this build i didn't have a stock tank or my 2010 450 to compare the feel while sitting on the bike so it's hard for me to say if it feels fat, after sitting on vintage bikes all the new bikes feel fat,lol. Most of the gains in tank volume seem to be made at the top of the tank and shroud area.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Thanks for the quick reply!
I'm going to go with a new oem seat then and I think i've made a decision on the tank. I just ordered one of these to start from...