Urgent: need spec for C2 bushing outer diameter

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
cbrf23

Urgent: need spec for C2 bushing outer diameter

Post by cbrf23 »

Hi guys.
I've got a 94 cr500 and I'm rebuilding the bottom end now.
Was checking all my gear and shaft diameters per service manual, and I found a big discrepancy.
I'm measuring 1.1807 on the C2 bushing od.
I checked this against our super mics for calibration and am 100% confident in this reading.
My service manual specs the c2 bushing od at 1.0622/1.0630

I called my local Honda dealer and their service manual matches mine, but they didn't have a manual for bikes older than 92.

Could someone please check their manual for a cr500 older than 92 and let me know what that spec is?

I have my cylinder out for bore/hone/new piston right now, and i NEED to let them know if the engine is not a 94.

Thank you!!!
cbrf23

Post by cbrf23 »

I ended up checking ronayers micro fiche.
The part numbers are the same for all years for the C2 bushing.

Service manual is wrong on the O.D.
Also, they have listed the I.D. as larger than the O.D.
Besides that, if you look at the tolerances listed for gear I.D., shaft O.D. and clearances you see that the resultant LSL and USL for the bushing thickness is .0001 to negative .008 inches.
So yeah, the service manual is wrong.

Oh, and also, typo at the gear to bushing clearance for the M4 gear, should be .0016/.0027, not .0106/.0027. As its written, the LSL is larger than the USL and the service limit of .0043 would be WITHIN the tolerance band...lol.

I find it hard to believe no one else has ever noticed this...

Anyways, my clearances were in spec, so not worried.
Also, counted gear teeth and they matched what they was listed for "after '92" so I feel more comfortable that this is a '94 motor.