AlisoBob's Gen 4 A/F Conversion

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

CRAFTY LITTLE SUCKER AREN'T YA? :wink: :lol:
CR500AC widget maker
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

ShanMan wrote:LUCKY LITTLE SUCKER AREN'T YA? :wink: :lol:
:wink:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Spent the day mounting the CDI, coil, started modding the fuel tank, got the throttle and grips on, mocked up the pipe mid-mount and a few other tasks.

I might be ridding this thing by Wed....

I'll get some shots when I get batteries in the camera.

:roll:
tweav

Post by tweav »

Are you going to use 1 or 2 of the rubber pipe mounts on your bike ?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

tweav wrote:Are you going to use 1 or 2 of the rubber pipe mounts on your bike ?
Its important to realize, that this is a 100% stock pipe. I didnt want to get into the hassle of having to lop off mounts every time I wanted to switch pipes ( I have knack for hitting rocks buried in the brush!!) Its an OEM pipe, mounted in rubber, the OEM way....

Front mount, yet to be drilled

Mid mount, yet to be welded.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

AlisoBob wrote: Its important to realize, that this is a 100% stock pipe. I didnt want to get into the hassle of having to lop off mounts every time I wanted to switch pipes ( I have knack for hitting rocks buried in the brush!!) Its an OEM pipe, mounted in rubber, the OEM way....

Hey Buck why don't you lop off that frame mount and have it rewelded so that the rubber mount is used correctly? Wouldn't seem like a to big of a deal to me. Was that an original frame mount or did you have that one welded on?
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I hear ya Rich, but that tab already existed, and drilling only one hole is the EZ way out.

I might move it , hence no hole drilled yet...

:?
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

What about a CR250-like bracket? You could fab one to the length you need or perhaps cut one down.

sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

AlisoBob wrote:I hear ya Rich, but that tab already existed, and drilling only one hole is the EZ way out.

I might move it , hence no hole drilled yet...

:?
I say move it since you still have other welding to do
NO HALF ASSED SHIT ALLOWED!!!!! :lol:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Yessim' Boss....., No half assed shit allowed...
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

CR500R-G3 wrote:What about a CR250-like bracket? You could fab one to the length you need or perhaps cut one down.
Ya mine was cut a half then rewelded.

FYI/BTW check the clearance b/t the lower right hand bolt for the reed cage to pipe. Maybe not a prob for the stocker.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

The CR250 bracket does not have nearly enough offset. The stock rubber isolator fits much better.
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

AlisoBob wrote:The CR250 bracket does not have nearly enough offset. The stock rubber isolator fits much better.
It might fit better but the holes don't line up worth a shit. :wink: You could get the grommets/washers for the 250 part and fab up whatever offset you need.

Then again, as mentioned, you could just relocate the mount on the frame and be done with it. That would be the simpliest solution. :cool:
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Mabe I'm just a "strait line from point A to point B" type of guy, but on my gen-01 the front mount was having a similar problem and I just found a good spot where the pipe and the mount lined up well and drilled the whole all the way through both of them, then drilled out the one in the mount more and put one of those auto body nut clips on it. looks clean, works great and if I replace the pipe all I have to do it drill a hole in the mounting tab like 8mm to the right.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
tweav

Post by tweav »

Hey bob did you see this guy's lighting coil . It's dirt cheap . they also have a prewired setup.

http://www.rmstator.com/index.php/Dirtbikes/Honda/CR500
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

tweav wrote:It's dirt cheap .
"Very little light for very little price."

Ya git what you pay fo.....
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

You ever going to get this thing done....
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

:itsok:
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

I'll tell you what, a 25 watt stator is plenty these days, and geting better all the time, here is why. Super bright LED bulbs are now available for use in headlamp aplications. A bulb that uses around 25 watts would be huge and produce a ton of light. Most replacement headlamp led bulbs use a few watts and produce a good amount of light. The use of 2 or 3 of them with a properly designed reflector will make enough light for a dirt bike. Maybe you couldn't race the Baja with it, put you could ride at night.Image
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
tweav

Post by tweav »

I'm buying the 130 watt stator from service honda for mine . I hope it's not junk.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

It's not junk, but it includes a new cdi unit that doesn't impress some people. You can't get just a stator from them, it is all part of their ignition setup. I think the stock ignition is great, and I would only get the lighting stator from someone else like Eline, because you don't change the ignition with their setup.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

tweav wrote:I'm buying the 130 watt stator from service honda for mine . I hope it's not junk.
If you love SH so much, maybe you 2 should go get married :D :D :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

tweav wrote:I'm buying the 130 watt stator from service honda for mine . I hope it's not junk.
redrocket190 wrote:I just finished installing the stock ignition that I got from Jay via Bob. The bike started up 2nd kick. I am going to keep this ignition on the bike until I ride at Milestone next Friday.

In the meanwhile I should mention AJ from Service Honda sent me a complete new Electrosport ignition set. Good customer service given the bike is not under any kind of warranty. I will give that ignition a try the next time out after Milestone.

To Bob and Jay - thank you and I hope in someway I can repay the help in the future.
I think its fancy shit, that dosent work.
tweav

Post by tweav »

so the service honda cdi is junk . Will the stock cdi work off of thier stator ,if their box fails for me? I may have to rethink my plan a bit . Oh yet I got the box of aluminum today . Thank you . Do I really need that much ? I thought all I needed was two like 3-4 inch pieces . I think I finally have all my ds stuff for mine now so I can get that part done .Then the Cutting will begin... :twisted: