Freeride588s Gen 2

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
freeride588

Freeride588s Gen 2

Post by freeride588 »

So here is my gen 2 that Mxdogger fabbed up for me. Finally got it together and took it for a ride. All i can say is why did i wait so long to do it.

gen 2 cr250 frame
crf450 front forks
Suspension sprung and valved for my weight and riding style
Gen 3 dezert tank with gen 3 radiator shrouds

Thanks to dogger and everybody that helped me out. Also if your thinking about having someone convert your bike Mxdogger did a great job for a even better price and was always willing to talk to me and answer my questions.

Kevin
Kuma

Re: Freeride588s Gen 2

Post by Kuma »

Image[/quote]

Chain's too loose :lol:

Ha can't believe it took so long for someone to comment :wink:
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

I was wondering if someone would see that it is actually not even connected right now i was switching my front sprocket.
Kevin
Redbull500

Post by Redbull500 »

What exact gas tank is that? How much work was it to get the tank and shrouds to fit?
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Redbull500 wrote:What exact gas tank is that? How much work was it to get the tank and shrouds to fit?
Its a clarke 3.2 gallon for a gen 3 cr250. I had to heat and move some spots on the bottom of the tank but it was minor and pretty straight forward. I used a cheapo harbor freight heat gun and just heated the area around where i wanted to push in until i could smell the plastic and then pushed on the tank with the handle of a hammer and then dumped cool water on the area to keep it from popping back. The shrouds bolt right up to the tank and the radiators but i made a little bracket out of aluminum to connect them to the frame. Well worth it in my opinion. The tank is pretty low pro and the shrouds look better then the gen 2 as well. You can do the back plastics too.
Kevin
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

I have a Clark gen 2 des tank and I don't think any mods were needed, I'll have to double check to make sure it is a clark.
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
Redbull500

Post by Redbull500 »

Hey Kevin,

Can I get you to take some close up pics of how your front exhaust mount was built, mine is an all metal P.O.S. right now

thanks,
Paul
fmikhele

Post by fmikhele »

Redbull500

Post by Redbull500 »

aha well that works thanks
Paul