Some thieves stole 3 bikes out of my shop last night

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

That sucks, hope you get the bikes back. I like the dog mote. My toys are in the backyard garage completly surrounded by my land alligators. They are not pit bulls just 3 full on pound pup mutts, but they bark.....I'll cover the rest :wink:
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

NightBiker07 wrote:
kevin_s wrote:Breaking news...

but I'm keeping quiet for now.

All I can say is that niggers are fuckin stupid...
Hoping for the best news possible!

Fuckin spooks.....figure out who they are, have them Whacked in 6 months....

In the meantime, get some good cameras for the shop, and get a couple stickers that indicate your place is being monitored by an alarm company.....Nobody but you will know that it isnt actually monitored. An exterior camera or three could grab plate numbers...just conceal them so they dont know they are being watched.

Kevin I do alarms and security cameras so let me know if you need any advice or some good places to buy some cameras. Also you dont want to hide your cameras you want them out in plain sight so everyone can see and they stay away. Cameras are a deterrent more then they are a way to catch people in the act. Good luck Kevin i was sorry to hear about this bullshit happening to another hoon.
Kevin
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

freeride588 wrote:
NightBiker07 wrote:

Hoping for the best news possible!

In the meantime, get some good cameras for the shop, and get a couple stickers that indicate your place is being monitored by an alarm company.....Nobody but you will know that it isnt actually monitored. An exterior camera or three could grab plate numbers...just conceal them so they dont know they are being watched.

Kevin I do alarms and security cameras so let me know if you need any advice or some good places to buy some cameras. Also you dont want to hide your cameras you want them out in plain sight so everyone can see and they stay away. Cameras are a deterrent more then they are a way to catch people in the act. Good luck Kevin i was sorry to hear about this bullshit happening to another hoon.
Until the determined ones kick the door in and steal the recorder box and your bikes....
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

NightBiker07 wrote:
freeride588 wrote:
NightBiker07 wrote: Hoping for the best news possible!

Until the determined ones kick the door in and steal the recorder box and your bikes....

They can be determined all they want when the DVR or recorder box as you call it is in a locked steel box attached to a wall with lag bolts. All the DVR i put in are always secured with a battery back up that will last at least an hour if they happen to cut the power. Nightbiker im not trying to have a pissing contest with you especially on Kevins thread but I think i know a little more about this stuff since i have been doing it professionally for over ten years. People need to be weary of giving advice that is wrong. Cameras keep people away and help you find out who did it after the fact. Thats just the way it is
Kevin
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

freeride588 wrote:
NightBiker07 wrote:
freeride588 wrote:

They can be determined all they want when the DVR or recorder box as you call it is in a locked steel box attached to a wall with lag bolts. All the DVR i put in are always secured with a battery back up that will last at least an hour if they happen to cut the power. Nightbiker im not trying to have a pissing contest with you especially on Kevins thread but I think i know a little more about this stuff since i have been doing it professionally for over ten years. People need to be weary of giving advice that is wrong. Cameras keep people away and help you find out who did it after the fact. Thats just the way it is
Not trying to have a pissing match either. If I was to set up the system, that would be how I would do it. The alarm company stickers would be the deterrent, and the hidden exterior cameras would be the extra eye. I suppose you could have a hidden system and a "plain view" system....use an ultra cheap plain sight system, and a really nice hidden system...If you're paranoid.

Personally, I would have huge eye-loops in the cement to run a thick cable lock through the bikes as well as everything else. Yes, I love my bikes THAT much :)

The cops just found 7 HUGE safes at the bottom of the local river. Guys have been getting these bolted down, 30+gun safes out of peoples houses, taking them somewhere and opening them, then dumping the safes off the bridge. So ripping a small steel box off the wall with a DVR in it wouldnt be an issue.

I know you cant stop a determined thief, but you sure can make the job hard for them.

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Fact of the matter is locks only keep honest people out...if someone wants in bad enough they will figure it out. Dogs, locks, and alarms all can help to make the job more difficult than its worth. Knowing your neighbors helps out probably as much as anything......at this point all of that is piss in the wind for Kevin.

I hope you get your stuff back, I hate theifs!!
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Locks and security dont really keep anyone out... it just makes the fuckin' scumbags go elsewhere..... with less security.
Polished

Post by Polished »

poke a pin hole in your grips and put a needle in between the grip and tube and a one wire you ground ( of the bike ) and hook a charged microwave capacitor to it with a argon switch.

Step 1) turn on switch

step 2 ) hide dead body

step 3 ) turn off and re charge capacitor

not quite this but still 2000vdc at 10amps = 100x leathly current arm to arm

gregrobo

Post by gregrobo »

AlisoBob wrote:Image

Bubba and his brutha' look so much different without their sponsored gear on....
sorry about your bikes mate i would have loved to see these brothers grind there backs into the bitumen
only posties ride 4 stroke hondas
goldfields sheet metal fabrication
98 yzfr1
05 crf 500 race tech goldies
2010 rmz 500af
01 banshee
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Any Update?

Hoping for good news

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

NightBiker07 wrote:.
Any Update?

Hoping for good news[/quote]

I'm trying to do this the legal way,I can't talk about this yet.
My bike is probably a wadded up clapped out piece of shit by now

:(

Thanks for all the well wishes(it helps)
PS,I posted on the cr500 site about my missing bikes and I never even got a response. :roll: I know where my friends are.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Maybe you should have posted up what jetting is everyone running, of what your fav-o-rite tranny oil is....

:roll: :roll: :roll:
jbsleddin
PVT. 1st Class

Post by jbsleddin »

They'll get theirs, have to believe in Karma. I've had my shit stolen in the past too, so I know how you feel. I was 18 and my bike was a year old, to make matters worse, I was still making payments for it! :evil: Still seeking revenge now that I know who it was......
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh, and I will cry.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Shit, I hate reading this shit, I hope you get your bikes back
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

we got the ktm back....more to come
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

:nanna: :applaud: :dance: :cool:
Gen 2 AF, yes it's a SH, so I can call it an AF Damm it!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

kevin_s wrote:we got the ktm back....more to come
Nice I bet that makes you feel a little better for your buddy
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Kuma wrote::nanna: :applaud: :dance: :cool:
+1
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

lewisclan wrote:
You have know idea how much better I feel right now.
It is a shame that we knew where the bikes were two days into this deal and it took the cops 10 days to act.There is a lot to this story that I'll tell once i get my bike back(i hope)
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

kevin_s wrote:
lewisclan wrote:
You have know idea how much better I feel right now.
It is a shame that we knew where the bikes were two days into this deal and it took the cops 10 days to act.There is a lot to this story that I'll tell once i get my bike back(i hope)

Glad you got one of them back with hopefully two more coming soon.
Kevin
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

kevin_s wrote:
lewisclan wrote:
kevin_s wrote: It is a shame that we knew where the bikes were two days into this deal and it took the cops 10 days to act.
And people wonder why cops are hated.....

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

GasIgel

Post by GasIgel »

glad to hear that! :wink:
if you aint mixin' gas, you aint kickin' ass...

CR500 1995
GSX-R1000 K5 Yoshimura
other

Post by other »

good news on the KTM. Surprising that that one turned up first, the 500AF is a more unique machine . . . Was the Katoom in good order still ?
o.t.h.e.r . . . . .Over The Hill Enduro Rider
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

other wrote:good news on the KTM. Surprising that that one turned up first, the 500AF is a more unique machine . . . Was the Katoom in good order still ?
Not too bad,first thing I did when we got it back was cut the grips off :cool:
the rotors and brakes are shot,the headpipe shows signs of alot of heat so we are doing a top end on it.other than that it's ok.Still has my buds name and #'s on it,how fuckin stupid these fucks are.
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

I'll tell this story as soon as I get my bike back,Thank you all for the support.