my new crf250x

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
tweav

my new crf250x

Post by tweav »

I think I'm going to hold off on cutting this bike up ,till I get it to pass my state inspection to make it street legal . I think it will be easier to get it to pass with the stock 250x motor still in it , don't you think? but I was looking at prices and I figured out that for like 400 dollars I could make is pass. Do you guys think a cr500afcx ds would be a fun bike to own?
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

What State are you in? CA has killed this kind of registration off using the VIN number. That being said I should be able to get a green (all-year-round) sticker for my CR500AFX based on the CRF250X frame. A CRF250R frame will only get you a red sticker.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
tweav

Post by tweav »

I'm in pa I'm riding my 2007 wr450f that I changed over . So I think I'll have no problem getting the crf250 thru . Because my wr just went thru 2 months ago

isn't it cool even with it being a blue bike?
AngryShawn

Post by AngryShawn »

Sounds like it would be much easier to get the 250 through in stock form, then let the mods begin!
I may be interested in that 250x motor when you start your conversion, let me know if you decide to sell the motor off.
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

As loyal as I am to Honda, I gotta' admit that your WR is one sweet looking bike. :cool:
tweav

Post by tweav »

I am selling the motor off but I'm going to sell it on ebay ,because it is brand new they are bringing 2399 dollars a pop plus 85 shipping. so I don't think you still want it do you?
tweav

Post by tweav »

after the cr is done and street legal I don't really know if I'll still want the wr450 . I guess I'll find out
tweav

Post by tweav »

I figure because I keep talking about it , should at least post a pic or two of the honda

see the 500 motor just waiting for it's turn in pic two
tweav

Post by tweav »

I look out back today and it looks a bit like X-mas out there.

I think I'll ride the wr to work. :lol: :lol:
tweav

Post by tweav »

I'm getting ready to rebuild this engine.

Now I have a few questions for you all

who makes the best reed cage ?

who makes the best piston ?

who does the best port job ?

My last engine was done by Pro Circuit.