01 500 wheel swap?

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
powermizer

01 500 wheel swap?

Post by powermizer »

Sorry I know saw this but I searched and cant find again.
I wanted to get some new wheels and have seen alot listed for the cr250 with the 19inch rear. What do I need to know about this swap. Spacers bearings or anything else. Thanks for the help..... PS I found some for a good price so I was looking for a quick answer.
lots of power is never enough
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

My 93 250 rear wheel fit right into my 99 500. Spacers and all. Short answer is go to any Honda parts website and cross reference part numbers. My guess is they all swap up to the 02 250. That was a whole new Gen I believe
powermizer

Post by powermizer »

Thanks, I was looking at some DNA wheels and I'm sure that the wheels are the later ones that have the bigger axle, bearings and different wheel spacing. I am not sure of the different gens and years. I wish that someone could tell me exactly what I would need to do so I wouldn't have to waste money to find out on my own. I have to believe someone has knows what it takes to put a 19 inch rear wheel on a steely CR5.
powermizer

Post by powermizer »

Anyone tell me what changes to 19''wheels between years? Thanks for any help.
scooter5002

Post by scooter5002 »

I think Roosty had some info on this, maybe even some spacers machined up to make it work. A bearing swap for sure is involved, u can get those at a bearing house. If you can phone the seller and get him to ACCURATELY measure rotor seat surface to sprocket surface and see if its the same as the steely wheel. Better yet,drive over yourself and do it if its close. If its bang on you buy them and machine spacers up and install new bearings. Voila! You have your 19 rear.