Gen 3 CR125 Started

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
UknowDamright

Post by UknowDamright »

maddog1927 wrote:Image

Where did you get that 12 scoop paddle tire?? I want to get one!!
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

maddog1927 wrote:That pipe was on as a mock up. Tire was into it at about 1/2 travel! same as other pipes (PC FMF). I reworked a PC to fit yeaterday. I will post pics later. I had to take about 1 1/8" out of the head pipe, right where it comes out of the exh flange, along with some other reworking.
I have been on one dune trip with my moded PC. With the mods i did I was expecting more top end, but did not feel i was getting it, but i did not have another 500 to compare it to either.
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

paddle is scat trak from lees dist.

I went with an 18" rim looking for more tire to swing arm clearance.

You can get any number of paddles as they are custom made, if you can wait, or buy what he has on the shelf.

I have never had a problem with a scat trak untill this one. I did not inspect untill I mounted the tire a few days before a dune trip. I noticed the cracks before I mounted the tire, but due to the trip I could not ship it back. I am now trying to decide wether it is worth removing and sending back. I mounted without 1 scratch to the rim, but doubt I would be able to take off and remount a new one with no scratch.

e-mail to scat trak.

I recently purchased a Scat Trak viper 18" x 12 paddle for my dirt bike from Lee's Ditributing. There are cracks on the sides of the paddles. See attached photo which is typical of every paddle, both sides.

I have had a 19" x 10 paddle on another bike for about 3 years, I checked it, not a crack on it.

I request replacement of this tire.

they told me to sent to lee to inspect.
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

I wanted more room to check the air filter seal and install the pre filter so I made the side panels on the air box removable. The plastic rivet it a 6 mm yamaha style fro rocky mountain.

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

maddog1927 wrote: Image
Those push pins are cool.... they hold half my Duramax's body together.

:wink:

Nice panels....