This thing hates me

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
riverman

This thing hates me

Post by riverman »

If you followed my build it went good until the tank mod. After the third try the tank seems to be good, I think it has held gas all week. I try to start the bike this evening to take a short ride. It has not been started for several weeks because of the tank issue. Three kicks and it back fires hard. I think it will start the next kick. No it will not kick at all, the kicker will not move. Pull the tank and plug and I can push the piston down a little and the kicker will move then locks up again. Pulled the clutch cover and removed the clutch to find the idler gear with teeth missing and the missing teeth stuck in the idler gear keeping it from moving. So I will be ordering an idler gear and gasket to put it back togather. I thought I did it right all new bearings and seals and gaskets. Fresh top end bored and new Vertex piston. I just want to ride this dam thing. :bash:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

sevearl idler gears on ebay for $15
riverman

Post by riverman »

Roostius_Maximus is on it . If he does not have one I will check out ebay.
Thanks
britincali

Post by britincali »

Check the keyway on the flywheel, its probably snapped and the reason for the initial backfire that ruined the gear.
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

brit said a valid point. might have a problem somewhere if its backfiring that hard
riverman

Post by riverman »

I will check it. Thats the first time it's backfired like that. I had my boots on and i thought it broke my foot.
AMA714

Post by AMA714 »

Reminds me of the 1985 CR500 I raced on the ice in 85..

I was 15 and it ruined 2 pairs of winter boots before I figured out that I would have to suffer frozen feet in MX boots if I didnt want a broken foot..lol
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

May have blown the crank seals too.