gen 1 gen 2 stuff

Come on in, No registration needed.... Thinkin' about stepping up to the ultimate dirtbike? Ask any questions you need answered.

ALSO: Post anything your looking for, or that is taking up space and you want to get ride of.. ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN THE BUYER / SELLER!
kelroy_leon

gen 1 gen 2 stuff

Post by kelroy_leon »

hey, might have a gen 1 frame, shock, swingarm up for grabs. frame has tabs removed and part of x brace removed. gen 2 frame, forks, clamps, swingarm, shock, tank, subframe, seat. any interest?
OLD: You don't know what the f--k you're doing.
PREFERRED: I think you could use more training.
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Prices?
Fieldy109

Post by Fieldy109 »

What are you asking for on the Gen 1 frame?
Rue

Post by Rue »

What you asking for the swingarm, does it have any grooving where the chain slide is at (from wearing out the plastic guide and causing grooves on the swingarm itself). I bought one off e-bay and the guy said it didnt but it sure did!! :evil:
AFC Build link
http://www.bannedcr500riders.com/board/ ... 220#106220

"Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love" (David McCullough)
Westec Builder

Swingarm

Post by Westec Builder »

I have 2 - 1989 roller bikes that have been stripped. Neither one had motors :( Are you looking for a Gen 1 or Gen 2 swingarm
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Welcome Westec, didn't we do a ride together from the pilot forum at Dumont?
Westec Builder

Post by Westec Builder »

That is correct! Your mental remembrance is still lucid. I am working on my friends 89 cr500 restore as we speak. I remember you warning me about the water pump cover corrosion on the early motors, WELL, thats what happened. I was trying to find info on that problem here. I need to know if the 94-on cover ( they still can be purchased) will fit on this 89 crank case. I know the part #'s are diff. but the only info I found was that the newer case is thicker for the newer clutch with more disks. Any thoughts? Doug
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

I'm pretty sure the cover will work without any mods and if you want to put in a newer style clutch at some time you will already have the correct cover!
Westec Builder

Post by Westec Builder »

thanks Kuma, will you be joining us at Dumont this Halloweeenee?
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

Going to Glamis the weekend before, not sure if I'll make Dumont.