stagger port

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
100hp honda

stagger port

Post by 100hp honda »

thought somebody tried it but cant recall. with kicker 4 port design i see how it could work on paper. any feed back from somebody that did this before ? im thinking mains open first with less up angle. should keep everything to the rear of the jug better unless my thinking is off
NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

If i Recall, GSS sent bob a cylinder with his brand new secret stagger port layout :lol:
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

naw thats something different. maybe was on different site someone tried it. cant recall
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

i think we had this conversation :wink:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

scoured the web for info. couldnt find much. gordon jennings mentions it but not much details. dude on another site said he had good results but didnt elaborate on the exact setup. some of calvins stuff is using it before any porting mods, not sure if his modified setups are running it or not. i think i understand the concept of it, just wish i could find more info explaining the benefits if done properly.
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

Non symetrical / staggered / additional ports have been around since the dawn of 2ts.

Some favour it for the mix / tumbling of the charge, , variations on port timing etc.

Now, the thing is, if it's what you intended /believe in (with regards to transfers, in this case), when it's 'discovered' by customers, and put up on certain sites for all to see, You've got to weigh the benefits of explaining your reasons for doing so, (or just simply saying that's how you do your porting), as against not doing so, and, perhaps, keeping others from trying your ideas.

I think we've seen the results of the second of those options, if that indeed was the option taken. It was not a 'winning' descision, I'd say................
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

im pretty sure honda cr 80s use that, and they have better low, mid and top than the powervalve 80 and 85 engines (except KTM of course)
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

did this on spur of the moment just because. started with stock jug so will be impossible to say good or bad how stagger works because i altered other stuff at the same time. oh well dont have time right now to screw around testing shit. something diff im gonna try on this one. 197 exh now then use 2 base gasket to put it 199*. main trans 32 bd and rear trans 33 bd. thinking may not have enough area in the exh port but gonna try it anyways. in a rush to get it done so ill change stuff later if need be. relief the bridge and do tiny bit more on the intake side tomorow and slap it back together :)

Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

exhaust port needs more work :wink:
blownbillybob

Post by blownbillybob »

Dam!!!!

Clyde been spending some hours on the grinder!! Not bad looks good!!!

I thought the staggered ports mellows out the hit!! Which is good for single track and Moto!!!!
00'cr500 trailclimber
93'cr500 beater
92'cr500 hillclimber
08,KTM SR500r hillclimber (conv)
89'cr 500 bent frame
04'crf230(wifeys)
02' cr125(sons)
02,pro jr 50 open exh. hill climber(sons)
02'sx65(sons)
03'xr50(sons)
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

whole thing could probly use more work. time is critical now. has to be running in a week. still got to assemble everything, change bearings, clean filter, swap forks springs, and mount tires. not looking for king of the hill. just spank some tards on 4pokes. should do the trick :)
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

in the time it took to post again you could have made those ports bigger :wink:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i hear what your saying :D . jug bolted down now though. will do a few more things at a later time. want to try some epoxy in a few places. might even get rid of the stagger deal depending how it runs. rework the exh alittle. ill report back fo sho
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

well it does run. not sure i can ask for any more than that :D . been in the barn 1.5 years so im glad to brush the dust off. had some rust on the bore so i gave it the britincali treatment with 220 grit :lol: . brake hose showed up 5min after this. thnx hoofarted it works sweet. find out tomorow how this turd wagon does