New from Alberta

A quick "How ya'Do", and a photo would be nice.
Zacko

New from Alberta

Post by Zacko »

Hey guys, another rider from up north. Finally got my mitts on a 500. Picked up a complete 86 runner that im trying to work out the bugs on. Gonna throw it in my 06 250x frame, just waiting on the swap parts. Went to the Rexburg dunes in April and really convinced me I need more power, coincidentally the valves tightened right up and cut my riding short in Idaho. This is my first Cr500 and first 2 stroke. I love it. Been doing a lot of reading on here trying to learn before asking stupid questions. Ill start a build thread once ive got enough parts. Then if im doing something wrong the experts on here can correct me before I get to far along.
OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

if you are coming thru montana , ive got a bunch of 95 stuff , and a real nice 98 for sale
Kuma

Post by Kuma »

One thing with the CR you won't have to worry about any more is the valves getting tight :lol:
welcome!
Zacko

Post by Zacko »

OK ill keep that in mind. Thanks. Yeah that was the last straw. As soon as i got home i ripped the CRF apart and started the hunt for a 500. I already was thinking about a new bike, the 250 was actually pretty good to me, just not enough power anymore.
CR525Bruce

Post by CR525Bruce »

Zacko, the only stupid questions are the ones not asked. Ask away you'll get answers.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

The only thing that gets tight on the CR500 is your sphincter. :lol:
Hellbear

Post by Hellbear »

Tharrell wrote:The only thing that gets tight on the CR500 is your sphincter. :lol:
So true! :P

Welcome :clink:
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

One thing with the CR you won't have to worry about any more is the valves getting tight
but the airfilter will get dirty 3 times as fast..... check it very often
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish