cpi racing sandpipe

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
oggo69

cpi racing sandpipe

Post by oggo69 »

boyz anyone have or used one of the cpi racing expansion chambers ?

http://www.cpiracing.com/products/Honda ... fault.aspx
DieHard2Smoke

Post by DieHard2Smoke »

not personally but have heard it is a very peaky pipe. Try cr500riders.com they have a thread about it with some info.
thinking of jumping over to the AF side of things
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

DieHard2Smoke wrote:not personally but have heard it is a very peaky pipe. Try cr500riders.com they have a thread about it with some info.
cheers pal :cool:
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

just got a mail back from CPI , new batch of pipes are being made now , just a heads up :cool:
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

I have 2 of them one I bought new around the first of the year. The other I bought used from someone here on the site.

The one I bought new I ordered nickle plated. It fit too tight at the exhaust flange, I could have opened the pipe up a bit, but I had a worn exhaust flange so I used it.

The tig welds not that great looking. The rear mount is shiz, the lower mount looks to be cut with a plasma cutter in a Jr. High shop class, and the spring mounts look to be bent from ring shank nails.

Other than that the pipe is great for what I wanted, and that is for the 500 to rev like a 125. unfortuantly the bottom end power is like that of a 125 as well!

If you are racing up oldsmobile hill or something similar, get it. If not don't.
oggo69

Post by oggo69 »

thanks maddog for the input , a guy next door told me to look at dynoport stuff , they have 2 an MT & big volume , there is 200 dollars in the differnce one bing 435 and the other 245 $ , just waiting to hear back as i requested a pic and differences between the pipes once they get back i will make my mind up , i dont like sound of the craftmanship on the cpi now ... probably end up with pro circuit
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

the cpi i seen had great welds. it slightly rubbed on the right hand side rad shroud at the bottom. was no big deal. guess it depends which employee makes the pipe that day
DieHard2Smoke

Post by DieHard2Smoke »

so im guessing this pipe will not bolt onto a 87-88 high pipe Cr500?

if it did that would be sweet.
thinking of jumping over to the AF side of things
powermizer

Post by powermizer »

I like my CPI pipe, I'm not a great rider, but I wanted to feel some of that arm riping power my 88 had.

I know it lost some bottom end but I dont think its bad at all, allready had alot of bottom end, could loose a little. LOL
lots of power is never enough