Porting tools/techniques

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I knew how you meant it and didnt mean imply she needed to loose weight, just sayin the weight loss scenerio never goes how its planned :lol:
All the guys i know that got the lecture about the weight got started on a program by the wife, they fell out on it, she stuck to it and she split later :roll:

I'm 6'3" at 230 and I get the same lecture :roll:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Dude I'm 6'4" but pretty thick build, when we met I weighed 240, man for me at that weight you have to have a good reason for me to keep my shirt on like a wedding or something.

We have been married for 10 years, had pleanty of ups and downs...think we have both pretty much come to the conclusion that we are crazy and perfect for each other....she would deffinetly give me the "should you be eating those" look if I showed up at home with Bob's new favorite treat chocolate chip pancake wrapped sausage on a stick though.

O.K. enough of the Hijack...back to porting tools and self porting 101. Good luck with it guys, if I decide to get my stuff ported it's headed to Roosty....his work felt great on Bob's bike.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

Rhino89523 wrote:Roosty I think you got that one twisted around...probably because I describe things poorly.

My wife doesn't need to lose weight.....I am a fat ass and could use to lose 40lbs easy.

If I was a bit skinnier and looked a little more like I did when we met...yeah I would get paid out more.

this is my current look...not so good. Wife still looks pretty great

Dude if you lost 40lbs you would look like the guy on the tv on the wall.... :lol: :lol:
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:I vote for the gym membership.

My current weight 280lbs/65hp stock equals 4.31 lbs per hp
My current weight 280lbs/72hp after porting equals 3.89 lbs per hp
My ideal weight of 240lbs/65hp stock equals 3.69 lbs per hp

As you can see from my fat flow chart the largest power to weight gains were achieved in the gym. As an added bonus I would be able to hang on to the bike longer, ride it faster, and my wife would want to bone more often so I would be happier. It does look like I could keep the wife pretty happy with that porting tool if I got some different "bits" and then I don't have to go to the gym, I could just eat Cheesburgers and polish stuff.

Maybe I'm changing my vote back to owning the porting machine :)
This was an epic post.... and here is the new emoticon for "Epic Post"

Mojo, can you shrink this down to emoticon size? Thanks
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Heres Clyde checking his work..... no...... I'm not kidding.

Use your best judgement on who you take advice from Hoons......
Pony

Post by Pony »

That rad lol.

I was reading more of Erik Gorr's book today and Im getting a better understanding. Probably the best way to learn is run it stock with the jetting dead on. Then pull the jug and take measurements and photos and send it to one of the Gorrs trainees and then study it and ride it when I get it back. I kinda already fucked up once by buying parts on a whim so I think I'll kinda slow it down a bit. I wannna be riding this damn bike before winter...
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

:epic:
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

Pony wrote:That rad lol.

I was reading more of Erik Gorr's book today and Im getting a better understanding. Probably the best way to learn is run it stock with the jetting dead on. Then pull the jug and take measurements and photos and send it to one of the Gorrs trainees and then study it and ride it when I get it back. I kinda already fucked up once by buying parts on a whim so I think I'll kinda slow it down a bit. I wannna be riding this damn bike before winter...

throwing in the towel already ? :lmao:

theres 1467 registered members, i think 3 of them have their own porting tools. obviously it aint for everybody and theres no magic book to make you a genuis by tomorow morning but you can learn and only then will you break free of the sheep pack and rise above :cool:. if your going to pay someone atleast have roostius do it. then you can stay on top of bobs brown noser list. good luck my freind :lol:
Pony

Post by Pony »

I'm not throwing in the towel. I have never ported anything but women, so I figure having someone doing a proper job, documenting before and after is probably my best bet as far as not hacking up a cylinder and not knowing why or how it is performing worse than stock. Having someone do it right the first time is an investment in my education. :cool:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Pony wrote:I have never ported anything but women

Clydes woman has had her "exhaust port" hogged out by every freelance porter in the tri-state area.....

Here they are... waiting to hog it out some more.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Pony wrote:...I figure having someone doing a proper job, documenting before and after is probably my best bet as far as not hacking up a cylinder and not knowing why or how it is performing worse than stock.

Smart move.... Guess where all porters learned their craft? On someone elses stuff.....
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Man this thread on porting tools and technique has all new meaning. At this point I now consider myself an expert porting and polishing master. Unfortunatly like Roosty my technique is secret and this forum has rules about me posting my tool. I do have some references for satisfied customers.
Last edited by Rhino89523 on March 8th, 2011, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I've never done any asian bikes.... only german and british ones.....

:cry: x 491
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote: Unfortunatly like Roosty my technique is secret and this forum has rules about me posting my tool.

Roosty left his tools at home when we went to Reno....

Good thing!!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Is that the infamous Roosty? In Reno.....man I will get out the garden hose for flow testing and by a dremmel or something.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

:lol:

I bought stuff to test on :wink:
Theres 5 500s in the garage with different porting, and 2 more at our shop getting the chassis matinence right now. Theres 3 engines with the TWIRP porting for inventory, Then theres the NEW engine going in the other bike i havent finished yet.
Nothing "prototype" has left the building for someone else :wink:
I think i have 11 loose cylinders at the moment too
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I was kind of clowning on some of the stuff in this post, and I live in Reno. Seriously after riding your work you could probably do better with a dremmel in my garage than most could with their tools of choice.

It's a free place to stay and I will give you your choice of car's or bike's to drive around on plus pick you up at the Airport and have your choice of dremmel bits :lol:

Is that You?
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

Rhino89523 wrote:Is that You?
Note the hat.
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roosty wants to build a Merlin....... bad.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

tryin to talk Diemert out of his :lol:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

That was a great trip. I dont know how much of the show Jack got to watch, he was incharge of getting us the frozen cheesecake on a stick most of the day.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I'm still bummed that the Finals got "blown out".... literally.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

AlisoBob wrote:I'm still bummed that the Finals got "blown out".... literally.
Welcome to Reno, if you don't like the weather wait a few minutes it will change. Days like the finals last year we call "a little breezy"
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

ya, pretty shitty, but the adventure back to the stands was the best.
We were out in the valley of speed, the rumor that they were going to cancell the last race came out and we took off to get back to the stands.

We were a few blocks away when the official call was made, but we'd promised ourselves some more cheesecake :lol:
With likely more than 1000 people clearing out of the show Bob got that duramax right up to the gate, 30ft from the Cheesecake :lol:
It was great!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Man I tell you guys about my weight problem and all I hear about on this web site is cheesecake on a stick and a chocolate chip pancake wrapped sausage on a stick....your killing me. I could weigh 300 by the end of the week no problem!

You trying to make sure I need your porting just to move my fat ass Roosty? I may have to start hanging with Chumlee and get the ktm 600.