honda bolt numbers

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
mocr13

honda bolt numbers

Post by mocr13 »

I saw a post some time ago that told parts numbers for ordering bolts from honda it told a certain part number for black and another number for silver then I think u just added the length to the part number. I did a search and cannot find it does anybody know where this post is? I need some different bolts and the local dealer is no help! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks mocr13
maddog1927

Post by maddog1927 »

in one of the stickys in the af section they are talking about the motormount bolts and someone gave a tip on looking up by size, i'm not sure which post. Don't remember ever seeing anything to get black vs silver.

What bolt are you looking for and what length and what color?
mocr13

honda bolts

Post by mocr13 »

I need three botls two silver and one black,they are for your front sprocket cover ,I take off the cover and just run the piece of metal behind the cover,the bottom bolt I already have ,but the top one that goes all the way to the case half is the other bolt I need but need it shorter. Thanks Mocr13
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I looked for that bolt before, couldnt find it, then i was in the back shop at the local yamaha guys measuring some cylinders and found one that was right in his misc bin. he had no idea what it was from
mocr13

Post by mocr13 »

I hate that I cant find it,it was a post that I thought would be easy to find but i guess not ,maybe I saw it on another website and just thought I saw it here ? well anyway if anybody finds it I think it would help alot of people out on their builds to keep the factory look on whatever u need bolts for!
talon

Post by talon »

For an example, an M6x30mm black bolt (engine case half type) is 96001-06030-07. Silver is -00 @ the end and black is -07.