LED Bulb / Headlights

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
Bomberpilot

LED Bulb / Headlights

Post by Bomberpilot »

Is anyone using an LED Bulb in your headlights?
I have headlights with an BA20d socket (which is bad because H4 and H7 is way better) and I am searching for a good solution to have light (I already have the HM lightning coil) which is lower power consuming. I guess I need LED! At the moment it is as bright as a candle! :lol:

So this is what I found but the company can't tell me if it is matching for a BA20d socket (fools). They can't help me at all... :roll:

http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/115636led.htm

Any ideas? Anyone tried? Anyone knows the socket this blub is for? Anyone knows if you need an additional resistance or if it is plug and play?
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Get it figured out there are alot of guys that need to know this info
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/? ... ducts&id=1

I've gone a few night rides with the halogen version of this.

Lasts a long time, and is brighter than the sun.

This HID setup has to be an ass kicker!!!
Bomberpilot

Post by Bomberpilot »

ok for the LED blub I found out by my own search that the 1156 bulb has an BA15s socket which is NOT equal and not fitting in the BA20d headlights like acerbis and others use them. BA15s is normally used for taillights...

@Bob: thats nice but a little expensive and not directly on my bike. I am searching for a cheap possibility to upgrade my headlights that I already have on the bike. Another possibility is buying KTM headlights which have H7 from what I know and are much brighter. But i want to keep my Acerbis headligths...

I got these headlights and they look nice on the bike:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

What are you using as a power source?
Bomberpilot

Post by Bomberpilot »

mine looks a little similar to that. it replaces the the stock side cover of the engine. but still it doesn't bring enough power...

Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Man that looks like a Eline coil right there. I have an eline in the top of my tool box that I pulled off a buddies bike when he sold it. We used it in a night race years ago with a race tech single race light HID I believe and it was easily the best light I have ever ridden behind. That Eline seemed to pump a lot of juice. It has been collecting dust for a few years I keep threatening to put it on and run a light but never seem to get around to it. Good luck in your search but if your coil is an eline I think something is wrong.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Rhino89523 wrote:Man that looks like a Eline coil right there. I have an eline in the top of my tool box that I pulled off a buddies bike when he sold it. We used it in a night race years ago with a race tech single race light HID I believe and it was easily the best light I have ever ridden behind. That Eline seemed to pump a lot of juice. It has been collecting dust for a few years I keep threatening to put it on and run a light but never seem to get around to it. Good luck in your search but if your coil is an eline I think something is wrong.
so are you going to hang on to that e line or do you want to part with it
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"