goin to look at a donor....

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
atf8611

Post by atf8611 »

Ported&Polished wrote:That's funny because comming from socal originally, and now living in Prescott Az., I can tell you for certain the MVD (dislexic motor vehicle department) is a dream come true for me. No smog checks, cheap as hell registration, no lines to wait in, people that speak engrish, and are freindly to boot. The minute I got here I tossed my trucks smog equipment in the trash and installed off road headers. The bike cost like 4 dollars to register and 11 dollars for a transfer of title. Back in cali the dmv was insane with crowds of people, the employees were foreiners, the boses were strict as hell, and the costs were rediculous. And the smog checks, good freaking lord, what a nightmare. Might as well junk your car if it doesn't pass first time.
you dont have to do emissions in prescott? aside from being cheap, the mvd's down here in phoenix are the exact opposite of what you described in prescott.
NY was expensive as hell, but i lived in a city about the size of prescott so it was never crowded. they also had a very small branch in one of the city office buildings that noone knew about. it was one room, one person behind the counter, and never had a line longer than one person. it was great.
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

Only Phoenix(maricopa) and Tucsan do smog checks in Az..
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

AlisoBob wrote: Good CR500 , 1990 /1994, $1500. you can sell off the roller for about $500, so you have a $1k in the motor itself.

Good , CLEAN Chassis.... Gen 3 250 of Gen 4 CRF runs about $2.5k to $3.5k. After you sell the motor your will have about $$1.5k to $2k the the Chassis.

THIS MIGHT BE CHEAPER THE BUILDING A BIKE FROM PARTS!

Think of everything you will be buying....and I'm not even talking about the big ticked items ( Frame, swingarm, forks,etc..etc.) Its all the little stuff that will eat you up.

Depending on how it all comes together, you could build a nice bike for $3500 I think..
This is route I have choosen, bought the frame and engine to start, everything else I got the Bay of E and only have about $1,700 into the project at this point. I only need to pick up the forks/rear shock, new plastics/seat, wheels/tires and the exhaust. Looks like I will be about $4,000 with my total budget and this will be with all new bearings, new carb, new bars and controls, new wheels/spokes/7075 hubs, new tires and having the suspension reworked, basiclly a new bike. Most of the above you would end up replacing on your roller anyways and for just a few hundred you can start with new works stuff.... To each thier own, this was just my choice.
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF