pipe sealer.

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
qkenuf4u

pipe sealer.

Post by qkenuf4u »

pipe sealer.
Today at 10:48am i know its either here or on cr500rider site... people where talking about using some kinda rope sealer that you use on furnace pipes i guess it was ? wrap it around the exhaust and it seals perfect/cushions the pipe.. cant find the thread or name of the product ??
riverman

Post by riverman »

Chamber Seal ,It looks like roll of tape, wrap the exhaust flange and it will expand when heated.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

OUTKAST INC.

Post by OUTKAST INC. »

i use yamabond 6b , it is awesome ., discovered it years ago for use on snowmobile expansion chambers , after suffering with hi temp red , and hitemp copper ,etc etc , this stuff kicks ass , try it you wont be disapointed , oh for those not familier you get it a a yamaha dealer , i know i know , but it works
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

AlisoBob wrote:He's talking about this....

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/Produc ... ?SKU=46571
ordered some sunday... :D
supermotoflunkie

Post by supermotoflunkie »

can this be used as a replacment for the gasket/orings at the head?....where the pipe slides onto the flange? .....by the springs...

I tried o-rings but it was spitting them out of the silencer when it was idling...
http://epicmotosports.com/ Epic Motosports and Sisneros Speed Works have paired up! Parts, service, repair, monster builds and dyno tuning!
redrocket190

Post by redrocket190 »

OUTKAST INC. wrote:i use yamabond 6b , it is awesome ., discovered it years ago for use on snowmobile expansion chambers , after suffering with hi temp red , and hitemp copper ,etc etc , this stuff kicks ass , try it you wont be disapointed , oh for those not familier you get it a a yamaha dealer , i know i know , but it works
+1. Have not yet used it on the CR500R, but I always use it to seal the exhaust flange on my vintage bike. Put it on with a Popsicle stick and you can cut the excess of when it dries.
Michael Stiles
2007 Honda CR500R-AF
qkenuf4u

Post by qkenuf4u »

supermotoflunkie wrote:can this be used as a replacment for the gasket/orings at the head?....where the pipe slides onto the flange? .....by the springs...

I tried o-rings but it was spitting them out of the silencer when it was idling...
thats exactly what we are using it for.. it 7$ for a big long piece.... i was looking at it and thinking how the FU*K AM I GONNA WRAP THAT AROUND THE MANIFOLD/SPIGOT ON THE HEAD AND SLIDE IT ON THERE :shock: :?: :?:
so i took SUPER GLUE and glued one end to the clean manifold, let it dry for a second, put more SUPER GLUE at the end of the rope that was now attached and pulled the rope TIGHT and stuck it in the super glue at the end of the rope, then i just cut it off flush. let it sit for a few minutes then put the pipe on.. my pipe slide in place with the rope tight between it and the manifold sealing it tighter than a virgin.... :P
i just need to find the rubber sealer thingy that goes between the pipe and silencer.. WTF IS THAT THING CALLED ? i can get a new HONDA one for like 18$ :shock: :roll: .... do they make them aftermarket ?
supermotoflunkie

Post by supermotoflunkie »

This stuff blew out after a very short time of being in the bike. I superglued it all the way around on the manifold. I also grew an extra pinkey toe when I huffed the fumes from the rope/superglue. That shit reacts together mr.wizard style.

So I went to the hardware and got a thick oring and used that. Skipping all the BS
http://epicmotosports.com/ Epic Motosports and Sisneros Speed Works have paired up! Parts, service, repair, monster builds and dyno tuning!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

supermotoflunkie wrote: I also grew an extra pinkey toe when I huffed the fumes from the rope/superglue. That shit reacts together mr.wizard style.
$100 says this will be Brits new ( and favorite) mod on his new A/F