service honda 500

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

No substitute for a PROPERLY set up rekluse on a CR5.
clutch hand + a set of balls works even better
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

bigred1977 wrote:man!! what a bunch of bitchin..rekon you lot should just meet up and smash each others opinions in to each others faces and then who ever can hit the hardest wins and his opinion is gospel!! cause from what i can see on hear your not gonna get no direction just a whole load of bitchin... get a grip every one its not whos best and i have the best,its trying to resolve some issues and all you are all doin is saying oh yeah i did this and this is best cause i did it and cause i did it and it is best it is better thatn yours..fukin children man.fuk id hate to work with you lot.see more fukin solution at my kids fukin day care center.
Aside from not quite understanding what you typed, WTF "opinions" are you talking about??
AL baskets get grooves - fact
there is no aftermarket cr500 center hub - fact
some clutch components interchanger between different models - fact
steel or coated baskets last longer with the negative effect either being price or weight - fact
will the cr250 hub match perfectly - haven't determined
whatever arguement there is, it is based on fact and the only possible opinions involved would be if the heavy steel basket offers any benefit to the particular rider in question.
If no one argued we'd be just like another board that I remember you refering to as "too P.C."
either add some insight on cr250 center hub fitment or feel free to ramble somewhere else.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

sometimes the attitudes definately come across condescending, but its the internet.... who cares?
I am ons ome of the street bike forums and its all the same.
there is a lot of internet racing going on. I take what I need, offer what i can, and ignore the rest.
as long as my reputation as a honest person with good intents is not attacked, I have nothing worth fighting about on the internet.

I don't take the rest personal, and neither should anyone else.
:cool:
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

there you go danny,your repsonse stripped all the shit and bollocks out of all this thread to what? 10 seconds of reading...it appears you did catch my drift..
bigred1977

Post by bigred1977 »

either add some insight on cr250 center hub fitment or feel free to ramble somewhere else.

you telling me to go away sunshine?
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

:eatdrink:
Faster then Speedy Gonzalez, slower then the Road Runner!!! MEEP MEEP

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
bearorso

Post by bearorso »

You could use a better quality hub from one of the aftermarket suppliers easily on a 500, I think.

The first Rekluses for 500s - I think I may have been one of the earliest to try them, as we exchanged a bit of information about what was needed - required me to take approximately (to the best of my recollection) 4.5mm from the spring posts, for the Rekluse for the 250 2t / 450 4t to fit. Rekluse then started to supply the early Z start with the 450 OEM hub in the box.

So, perhaps a Hinson 450 ,etc hub, with either a spacer for the posts, or the combo of the 450 hub and perhaps a 450 pressure plate would be the go.

I know that either Dredge or AP used a 2001 CR250 basket to get the correct KS gear and basket primary gear to be able to use a CRF450 / CR250 basket with, I think, the stainless inserts.

I'll be using that set up when I have to replace my 2nd Hinson alloy basket with a Hinson STEEL basket (if they are still available) fairly soon. I don't give a rats arse about the extra weight - I want something I can put in and never worry about / pay for again.
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

2strokeforever wrote:
No substitute for a PROPERLY set up rekluse on a CR5.
clutch hand + a set of balls works even better
OK all of use auto users are sissys. :lol: :lol:

My clutch arm is less pumped up, lap times are lower, etc.

Yep, going faster on a CR500 definitely makes me a pussy. I do suppose that your many years of riding a CR500 FAST makes you an authority.

Glad you are happy with your magura.......,,,,,,,, Been there. Went back to a lubed cable. Then ponied up the coin and went auto,
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

bigred1977 wrote:either add some insight on cr250 center hub fitment or feel free to ramble somewhere else.

you telling me to go away sunshine?
no, not at all, I simply meant, not to pop into a thread late and make comments that just keep the thread drift going. MFDB and 100hp are known for their attitudes in threads of this sort, but also are very educated in the topics, so although they may seem to be just making snide comments at eachother, there is still progress in the thread.
Plus this is banned, no one would give you a hard time for a "fuck all of you, you all suck, go fuck your sisters you inbred hicks, the cr2500 hub from year-- to -- fits the 500 perfectly" you have been regarded with huge thanks.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

well i determined 250 hub is 12 spline or rather the tranny shaft is 12 spline is what i meen, not sure about the depth for the plates though. someone got a 500 unit laying around ?? mfdb you clutch is fried, get us some pictures mofo :lol:
Last edited by 100hp honda on September 19th, 2010, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

don't forget about the height of the spring pedistals also being a possible difference.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

mfdb pull your cover off bitch :lol: . clutch is fried anyways.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

:eatdrink:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

My clutch arm is less pumped up, lap times are lower, etc.
i guess i do have a personal thing against rekluses, but then again i have never seen a rekluse rider that even tried to ride proper, try to keep feet on pegs, falling downhill, jetting, chain too tight.... i guess if you have carpal tunnel or something then they make a bit of sense, but i can 100% guarantee i will get WAY SLOWER lap times if i put a rekluse on, a auto clutch will never be able to clutch as good as a decent rider. ever look at trials riders

one thing i wouldnt mind trying is to try and machine the case to fit a brembo(08+ KTM300)slave cylinder, they push directly on the clutch rod, instead of pulling some cheesy lever with a chunk cut out of the shaft, im pretty sure thats why the newer ktm 300s have a super easy pull, even with a 10.5 master cyl and lots of throw
what about electric assist? you could use those brake light switches and run an electro magnet to do half the work or so
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Gravel Scratcher

Post by Gravel Scratcher »

clutch hand + a set of balls works even better = a good wank :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
if there's one thing dad likes more than serenity… it's a two stroke engine on full throttle!
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Im still completely baffled by how people think they are so good that they are capable of manually doing things better than a precision machine can...

And Danny calls ME cocky! :lmao:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

M.F.D.B. wrote:Im still completely baffled by how people think they are so good that they are capable of manually doing things better than a precision machine can...

And Danny calls ME cocky! :lmao:
:lol:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

Im still completely baffled by how people think they are so good that they are capable of manually doing things better than a precision machine can...
i dont know about you, but when i clutch I take into account:
RPM
speed
traction
and desired effect
last time i checked rekluses dont take anything into account except RPM, and i hate loosing the extreme low RPM range which i find extremely useful, and roling backwards down hills, no roll starting... im confused, but hey whatever works for you

dude if japan made a computerized robot to ride a bike would you expect it to outride everyone??? and thats a computer, not a few ball bearings spinning around in a clutch
but i know they do make some people faster so....
4stroke=dead fish
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Are you under the impression that with a Rekluse comes mandatory elimination of the clutch lever? Although many people choose to remove the clutch perch assembly as it is rarely used and certainly not necessary you definitely do not have to. I use my clutch whenever I shift personally. Once I get a chance to try out the left hand brake assembly with 2 finger clutch override I will most likely convert to that setup. With a clutch lever assembly and auto clutch on the bike you have MORE options in controlling the clutch than with out an auto clutch...

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

The lack of bump starting is the only downfall. The low rpm engagement is a set up issue. I didn't like mine until I got it working better at low rpm. Anyone who has ridden a rekluse with a set up done the way rekluse's recommends it to be could very easily not like it on a CR5. It just slips at low rpm rather than use the sweet low end pull with the rekluse settings. For MX it wasn't too bad if you run and gun pretty hard but I like to use a lot of low end torque and run a gear high and slipping at low rpm was totally unacceptable.

Thus my statement, a PROPERLY set up rekluse............
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

i can do anything a rekluse can and then some, with my clutch fingers. see below
i hate loosing the extreme low RPM range which i find extremely useful, and rolling backwards down hills, no roll starting
Are you under the impression that with a Rekluse comes mandatory elimination of the clutch lever?
no
ive rode 3 bikes with rekluses(with the clutch lever still there)... never again, felt completly out of control (ktm 200, kxf450 and rm 250) id sell my bike and buy a skateboard before using a rekluse, im serious
i know they work for some people but its not for me... or trials riders, they need control too i guess
4stroke=dead fish
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

Every single person (only 2-3) that I have met that bought and installed a Rekluse, that didnt like the it, simply installed it per the "recommended" settings and did not change a SINGLE setting before removing it and saying they didnt like it. HAHAHA

That is the equivalent of buying a brand new bike, straight out of the crate, not liking the setup and selling it without changing a thing...morons...

I personally spent a few hours changing a bunch of things until I found "the setup" that worked for me. I ended up with both springs (highest RPM engagement) and all 30 balls, no tungsten, and idle of 2000-2100...

I challenge anyone with a manual clutch to a "slow race" or tightest circle contest... :lol:

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

http://cr500riders.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl ... 018915/all

I have a CR250 complete clutch laying around, 2000 I think. I can measure stuff if someone needs the skinny.
M.F.D.B.

Post by M.F.D.B. »

2strokeforever wrote: its not for me... or trials riders, they need control too i guess
So you are a trials rider?

2002 CR80
1999 Cr500
2003 CR250R
2005 CRF250R
2006 YZ450F
2005 CBR1000RR
1997 Banshee
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

So you are a trials rider?
no but im doing my best, i like the style and try to copy, and theyre all about control

all rekluse bikes i rode their riders loved it and messed with the settings to make it work even "better"
i stall less than them almost every time on a trail ride so... im not a genius but maybe...well idk....

but they dont use auto crutches, because they need 100% control
ya it has gay music :(

make sure you watch the last 30 sec :shock:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIL7zqrEyNg :shock:[/youtube]
4stroke=dead fish