ktm is pissin me off

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
100hp honda

ktm is pissin me off

Post by 100hp honda »

look at this bike. makes the japs look like dog poo right down to the last detail. why cant they bring back the monster motors and put in this chassis ????? no other machine would hold a candle. i think they might need a lovely email :lol:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showth ... p?t=912813

badass boyeeeee. are those billet hubs ?? hydro clutch ?? god only knows how many more trick shit is on that machine FROM THE FACTORY. fuck you honda :x
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showth ... p?t=910713
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

You dont even get shock linkage...... pass.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

nonono, the new 350 has the linkage, apparently its nice suspension, ktm canada pays the way for the guys to come up from the us to cherry pick the national $ for the last round, the ktm team pours all the effort into tuning the suspension and getting the 350 ready, the canadian bikes are burning oil like a bastard, tires are flat, suspension is off, clutches are smoked, but here comes the hero of the day 350 and locks the f'n motor up without any spare parts on the continent

brillinat fucks

they didnt even check the lash on the team bikes the last 2 races, these boys are taking some shit right now, the mechanics are a little too cozy, might be a different color cluttering up the garage next year

the cuz raced that same 250 this winter as a test run deal in texas, it was fast, he tried to buy it but it had a factory serial # and they took it back :evil:
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

i dont give 2 shits about any 4poke. that 250 chassis with 500cc+ ktm mill would be the frikin bomb. the bomb i tell ya :headbang:

couldnt find their email. anyone know it ? i gots a few things to say :lol:
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:nonono, the new 350 has the linkage, apparently its nice suspension, ktm canada pays the way for the guys to come up from the us to cherry pick the national $ for the last round, the ktm team pours all the effort into tuning the suspension and getting the 350 ready, the canadian bikes are burning oil like a bastard, tires are flat, suspension is off, clutches are smoked, but here comes the hero of the day 350 and locks the f'n motor up without any spare parts on the continent

brillinat fucks

they didnt even check the lash on the team bikes the last 2 races, these boys are taking some shit right now, the mechanics are a little too cozy, might be a different color cluttering up the garage next year

the cuz raced that same 250 this winter as a test run deal in texas, it was fast, he tried to buy it but it had a factory serial # and they took it back :evil:
Just picked up the 350 on like Monday and gettin the 450 today. Snagged the 300 two smoker two weeks ago, gonna take the Pepsi challenge tomorrow with em.

RP
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

awesome!

glad to hear that you recovered from that whack to the head. I've got a sprint car customer thats never been the same since he wrecked 10 years ago :cry:
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

I was so nervous my first run in Sturgis and then in the 450 bonus round I layed the fastest qualifier and I knew I was back. :D Still not a 100%, but good enough to ride.

RP
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

rpeterson wrote:Still not a 100%, but good enough to ride.

RP
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

:cool:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

All their 4 stroke motors are junk, they run great for a random amount of time and then explode- rebuild will run you about 4500$.
03 CRF450/85 500
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

havent seen one blown up yet, but im sure theres a few out there. seen tons of blown hondas on craigslist. just sayin
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

they blow up :wink:
nmdesertrider

Post by nmdesertrider »

Hondas blow up but it is pretty predictable, hard starting when the valves go bad and you can hear when the crank bearings are shot.
KTMS give no warning and the rebuild costs more than twice as much- one of the guys I ride with (just got 10th at V2R) blew up his 530 after 6 months. He ended up parting it out on ebay because it was too expensive to fix.

It probably wont matter much for a casual rider but if you race it's different.
03 CRF450/85 500
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

I almost bought a ktm 450sx a little over a year ago, it was a '06 with a bad crank and the guy only wanted $1500, I was ready to jump on it until I saw that the crank alone was $650!!!!1 :shock: not to mention the seals, gaskets, bearings, plus if I have it apart, I should do a topend... I would have been $2k into fixing that SOB. Glad I got my kawi instead.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
rpeterson

Post by rpeterson »

I had to rebuild my 505 after 1 year. $1,800 :? I rode the new bikes at Milestone on Saturday on the Vet track and I was fastest on the 350 with my lap times, but only by .6 over the 300 2 smoker. The 450 was alright and the linkage is sweet on both bikes compared to last year. Biggest difference between the 350 and 450 was the engine braking for me in the corners. The 450 would load up and the 350 just flowed like the 300 around the turns. Fun day, hadn't ridden a 2 stroke on a track in a while and haven't done any moto since the spring. And yes I agree with you guys that they are expensive to maintain / rebuild, but they are a sweet ride and the only Factory that would even take a look at supporting our Hillclimb program.

RP