got kicked off my first diesel forum...

Is your kid Student Of The Month? Beat up Student Of The Month? Lets hear all about it!
dannygraves

got kicked off my first diesel forum...

Post by dannygraves »

this guy is a dick, all acting all high and mighty and being polite about warning me, so I told him to f-off...
emission equipment removal and or tampering with

Welcome to The Diesel Stop. It is always a good idea to read the rules before you post. Your 1st post has been removed due to rules violations.

Discussion of illegal activity is not allowed on TheDieselStop. Therefore, discussion of tampering with or the removal of exhaust emissions control equipment is strictly prohibited on all The Diesel Stop forums except the off-road forum. And in the off-road forum, tampering with or non-use of emissions control equipment can be discussed only in connection with building a vehicle that is not licensed to operate on the public streets and highways, and is therefore exempted from the laws and rules published by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Exhaust emissions control equipment includes catalytic converter, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system, diesel particulate filter (DPF), urea injection system, or any other type of emissions control equipment that may be used by Ford in future models to comply with EPA requirements. Any post not in compliance with these rules will be removed without notice.

-------

Original Post:
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...5/#post1931161

Quote:
I just bought a brand new '10 6.4 and realise that I really need to get rid of that DPF, my mileage sucks and I don't like the whole idea of the regen cycle blowing flaming diesel through my turbos, or the cylinders getting washed with diesel. Well, my buddy who is a GM dmax owner warns that GM is very strick, so he runs ZERO aftermarket stuff on his truck to keep his warranty. I was poking through the stack of paperwork the dealer gave me when I got the truck and noticed the "6.4 power stroke diesel delivery checklist" and #6 on this list says exactly this "The installation/use of an non-Ford product will not necessarily void the Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty. If, however, the non-Ford product (e.g. performance chips, modified exhaust, etc.) fails or causes a Ford part to fail, the cost of the repair and any related damage are not covered by the Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

to me the basically says that they understand that we may choose to remove the dpf and run a tune, but if we run a 345hp spartan tune while pulling 20,000lb and melt a hole in a piston, they are not covering it.

I find it had to believe that any programmer would not leave any trace. If nothing else changing the stock load back might cause the pcm to reset, and they would be able to tell it was recently reset.
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
the thread was about whether the dealer could telkl you were running a tune and if they would do anything about it.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Diesel Place Message

AlisoBob:
The staff has banned you for the following reason:
I was nice to begin with and just deleted this but you couldn't leave it alone.

The ban will be lifted: 08-15-2010, 08:00 PM

WARNING: This message serves as notice that you are not allowed to access, use, or view any content on www.dieselplace.com. You are not allowed by law to continue attempting to access this site or to register under any other name or email address. Any person violating this notice will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

This was over a thread about the cost effectivness of $350 tranmission pans.

:roll:

Diesel owners are about as stupid as CRF owners.

One guy was bragging it all up that his truck is going to last forever becaue he uses Amsoil, and changes it every 2500 miles.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

LOL, yeah, I noticed a lot of dumbasses and a lot of hill billies running big smoke tunes and stacks. One guy had oil all over the side of his truck and didn't understand why, but he was running a +275hp race tune while pulling a horse trailer :roll:
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Nice to see you are holding up tradition. :nanna:

FWIW, I use this site. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/
'We are motorcycle people; we walk tall and we laugh at whatever’s funny. We shit on the chests of the Weird….' HST
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

Mad Dog wrote:Nice to see you are holding up tradition. :nanna:

FWIW, I use this site. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/
found some good info there, been trolling mostly.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

danny, i'll get you a link tuesday, one of our friends has done the whole deal before and successfully retuned the truck to stock for warranty without traces. In Alberta Canada the dpf is illegal because it can cause grass fires :wink:

theres alot of things you can do to that truck to gain some serious mileage. with the exhasut alone it was huge, 6mpg or something close
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

sweet, yeah, get me that link, I can't find much real info on if the dealer can tell there was a tuner and what the reaction would be.
What tuner was he running? I'm torn between the h&s mini maxx, spartan and innovative diesel tuned sct livewire.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

yeah, I hear claims of 22mpg empty on the freeway with just the spartan 275 tune, dpf delete and CAI.
I was gettign killer mileage for my first 100 miles, now since the first regeneration of the DPF I'm averaging 12-14 with a city/highway mix :?
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

AlisoBob wrote: One guy was bragging it all up that his truck is going to last forever (becaue) he uses Amsoil, and changes it every 2500 miles.
:lol:

Yeah right! he can't even afford it @ 2,500 mile change. :lol:
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Yeah, some of the people on forums act like it's a private club and dissenters smell bad, ya know?
Me, I like pissing in corn flakes.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Tharrell wrote:Yeah, some of the people on forums act like it's a private club and dissenters smell bad, ya know?
I have no idea what your talking about...
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Isn't that the reason a lot of us are here? Along with a common interest in the CR500?