Mikuni Pro TM42mm- help

All Engine, Clutch, Chains, and Sprockets Stuff Here.
dubious01

Mikuni Pro TM42mm- help

Post by dubious01 »

Maybe Danny or anyone else can help me with this,

I have a Mikuni TM42 Pro series carb.
It has not been installed I am refraining casue I heard the mikuni is very finniky to jet compared to the PWK, and that it will require more attention on a daily basis for jetting, wheras the PWK will run everywhere.

The pwk is just far less sensitive to altitude or barometric pressure.

Will a dial a jet with emulsified fuel assist with this phenominon,

I know the mikuni will make the power and ability to bore even larger, I am just wondering if air foils, dial a jet or other parts might assist with the jetting issues of these carbs.

I want the HP, but not the headaches. lol

any input greatly appreciated.

also i have seen dual dial jets installed on single carbs, with one in the 3/4 throttle range and the other placed at 1/4 throttle.
I wonder if the position is relevant to throttle position possibly.

anyone ?
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

my 02 cr 125 (completly rebuilt motor)had a mikuni tmx carb and i was in the thing everyday, if i had a spare one available i would ve smashed it with a hammer just to make me feel better....
but part of that was because of the sparkplug cap, but in my opinion the carb was still a piece of shit

reasons

overflowed/loaded up way to easy with the float set at specs (new needle/seat)

the top was held on with 2 screws :roll:

the jetting changed daily (the plug cap was causing this)

then again anyone would would hate any carb if they had to mess with it every time they wanted their bike to run proper
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
dubious01

Post by dubious01 »

WELL, I think I will stay away from it then. I have heard this before about the mikuni's.
I had hoped a dial a jet would work, but I have no interest in fucking with the carb everyday if i have to go into it.
Thanks,