Mis-Information, or Propaganda?

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Mis-Information, or Propaganda?

Post by AlisoBob »

Rjacks wrote: Be weary of other sites encouraging you to do all the work yourself. It's not easy, and not for the everyday garage guy either.
Well, lets see.... total parts needed to convert my Gen 4 was 2 pieces of 1" tubing 6" long, and two pieces of solid 3/4" bar 3" long.... oh yea.... a decent amount of Hoon-ism to jump right in and get it done. Hacksaw and Beer are mandatory.....The Gen 1 is a no-brainer.

Am I done? No, but the remainder of the work seems well within reach.

Big Jay said it well...
Jay wrote:Come on guys it’s as easy as changing a spark plug I did a complete 99 in 12 hours and every thing was taken apart & in shipped boxes. That included rebuilding the motor & installing an e-line, headlight, springs & fitting new aftermarket & costume made parts on it. I did have the frame welded by a pro but everything else I did with just ordinary hand tools. A grinder & heat gun. O-yeah and I am a big DORK. If you mantain your motorcycle & trucks and can follow instructions you can build one.
Does Rjacks really think its that hard, or is he drumming up sales for S/H ?

Someone go give a shout out to MadLad so he can make his own, informed, choice of whats possible and whats not.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

will do
britincali

Post by britincali »

Why get all dirty and maybe learn something about your new ride when you can pay service honda $12,000 for it all done and buttoned up..... Oh and you can call it an AF on "some other site" without getting shit, that alone is worth the extra $10K :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Perhaps Rjacks feels that his best, is better than most other folks can do?

I would think not.
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

My conversion was cake and I had tons of setbacks from non chassis related things. with all the right parts lined up and a conversion kit... ANYONE could do one, especially a gen-1.
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
ShanMan

Post by ShanMan »

dannygraves wrote:My conversion was cake...with all the right parts lined up and a conversion kit... ANYONE could do one, especially a gen-1.
:wink: MY work here is done! :lol: :cool:
CR500AC widget maker
dannygraves

Post by dannygraves »

ShanMan wrote:
dannygraves wrote:My conversion was cake...with all the right parts lined up and a conversion kit... ANYONE could do one, especially a gen-1.
:wink: MY work here is done! :lol: :cool:
YUP, THANK YOU AGAIN!!! :D
'09 kx450f 4-Poke
Gen-4 trail bike --SOLD--
Gen-3 badass trail/mx bike --SOLD--
Gen-1 built dunes bike --SOLD--
'05 klx110 --SOLD--
'95 pw80
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Shanman friggin RULES!!!
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Wasn't the guy primarily looking for a frame and asking about AF's as well? Then MX121 stepped up and offered his for shipping only, right?

I guess I'm not following why the guy needs encouragement to build an AF when he really only needed a steely frame and MX121 was kind enough to help him out.

Also, why the hate towards Service Honda? Build your own or have AJ or someone else build it for you. Who gives a shit as long as you're throwing your leg over a 500?

To me, it's all good. $.02
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I'm logged on over at Tracy's.... See it while it lasts!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Re-Banned and deleted...... Go figure.
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

CR500R-G3 wrote:Wasn't the guy primarily looking for a frame and asking about AF's as well? Then MX121 stepped up and offered his for shipping only, right?

I guess I'm not following why the guy needs encouragement to build an AF when he really only needed a steely frame and MX121 was kind enough to help him out.

Also, why the hate towards Service Honda? Build your own or have AJ or someone else build it for you. Who gives a shit as long as you're throwing your leg over a 500?

To me, it's all good. $.02
ya no shit, I'm new to both boards...seems we missed some soap opera shit that went down with all the animosity....who the hell is this Bob guy anyway??? :twisted:
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

AlisoBob wrote:Image
That right there is what scared me off. And why in the world would anyone ship parts across the country to be returned when most of us here live in (SoCal)the Moto Capitol of the US, perhaps the world?

OK I understand helping people. But still.
Trinity Racing mild porting FMF
62 pilot, EGH needle, 172 main
03 Gen III CR250 frame

2013 Dodger Charger 5.7 Hemi

http://www.prisonplanet.com

Your Amsoil Customer # 350882
Ported&Polished

Post by Ported&Polished »

CR500R-G3 wrote:
Also, why the hate towards Service Honda?
There is no hate, just a desire to inform the masses that SH isn't the be all and end all of AF500's.[/quote]
Mik329 wrote:...who the hell is this Bob guy anyway??? :twisted:
He is the guy that will drive from Aliso Viejo to Yucca Valley in the middle of the night so you can build your AF in time for your next ride.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
tadiv

Post by tadiv »

...who the hell is this Bob guy anyway???

He is the guy that will drive from Aliso Viejo to Yucca Valley in the middle of the night so you can build your AF in time for your next ride.
OK, I live just a few hours from SH. Can Bob do a house swap (like a vacation timeshare) with SH and hook me up with some Aluminum love! :lol:

In reality I talked to AJ the other day on the phone. Yes he does have a strong opinion of things (who doesn’t) But he did have a lot of good info for me. I still am not sure if I can swing the $$ for one of his bikes, but he sure does make me want to go conversion! And at only 2 hours away he could be a good option for me.

Heck I would even be willing to get rid of my street titled steely to get one (of course I am still waiting on the frame to get back from powder coat). I even got it done up in an aluminum looking powder!!!!

PS, what is the origin of that frame hack above?
Go that way real fast, and if something gets in your way...............

Turn.
Ported&Polished

I believe that's a Service RHacks conversion. It's only available to those that want it to be race clearenced from the start.
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
tadiv

Post by tadiv »

All their conversions can't start off like that can they? I really hope this was during the experiement days!
Go that way real fast, and if something gets in your way...............

Turn.
zorak-2

Post by zorak-2 »

I would think not.
WOW is that some of rjacks work.
This site rocks
GEN 4 CRF500
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Service Honda

BannedCR500riders.com

Any questions?

:wink:
Ported&Polished

HAHAHAHAHA! Bob, your an ass hole, that's why I love you. :lol:
Don't Clyde it, ride it!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Ouch :D
eyesky2002

Post by eyesky2002 »

I think for the average moron, this would be a hard if not impossible task... But as several have shown that with a little planning and some hard work, one can be turned out everybit as nice as a SH and for a fraction of the cash. Helps that SH has a showroom of new rides to modify where most of us are using older rollers. I hope that the pic of the SH cradle is an early example of thier work, as the home made one below looks 100x better. :shock:

SH is a business and like any are in it to make a profit, honestly I have not seen AJ putting down the home builder and he has gave me sound advise; think the mis information is mostly from his devout followers.

If I had the disposible income, I would buy a CR and KX from SH, but I live payday to payday; so I have just choose to build my own. :cool:
"When your riding your living... Everything else is just waiting!"

MXMotoworx.com
2003 Honda CR500AF
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

eyesky2002 wrote: I hope that the pic of the SH cradle is an early example of thier work, as the home made one below looks 100x better. :shock:

This is thread is not to gloat, or put down anyone. Its to inform. I was about a phone call away from buying a S/H bike... but after speaking with AJ a few times, he didnt want to build what I was asking for. In a way...it was a blessing.

1. I'm having allot of fun building my own, as others are.

2. If the S/H I bought showed up at my door constructed like this, I'd be pissed.

Trigger Gumm jumped 300' on a S/H bike. Their stregnth is proven. I just think for $10k, the fit and finish should match it.
pstoffers

Post by pstoffers »

AlisoBob wrote:
eyesky2002 wrote: I hope that the pic of the SH cradle is an early example of thier work, as the home made one below looks 100x better. :shock:

This is thread is not to gloat, or put down anyone. Its to inform. I was about a phone call away from buying a S/H bike... but after speaking with AJ a few times, he didnt want to build what I was asking for. In a way...it was a blessing.

1. I'm having allot of fun building my own, as others are.

2. If the S/H I bought showed up at my door constructed like this, I'd be pissed.

Trigger Gumm jumped 300' on a S/H bike. Their stregnth is proven. I just think for $10k, the fit and finish should match it.

Amen to that bob.........

Your bike looks good!!!!
NAHA PRO HILLCLIMBER #216
LIVIN THE DREAM!!!

NOTHING BUT GREEN LABEL BLENDZALL!!!

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/P ... /Home.aspx
http://www.pro-hillclimbers.org/
Mik329

Post by Mik329 »

zorak-2 wrote:

I would think not.
WOW is that some of rjacks work.
That is so phucking horrible that I'd probably kill myself if I had the stupidity to post that.... let alone build it that way :shock: :shock: