Teem Trubble conversion #004 Update with skid plate pics

Building Tips, Suspension Set Ups, Conversion Parts .... Build to your Heart's Content!
4Z

Post by 4Z »

Main shaft bearing in R/S case not seated properly or, too much shim on counter.........you be the judge.

1 year later, new cases and re-shimmed did the trick!
Last edited by 4Z on June 1st, 2010, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
4Z

Post by 4Z »

Been riding in some open country in Utah. Put the Gnarly on and geared it up a bit. 90* and sunshine. This bike was meant for this type of riding. I love Utah open riding too. On the subject of the Gnarly, I am leaning towards this being the pipe I will use more. The PC seemed a bit mellow over the FMF and both had the same top end. Goes against the standard opinion out there but my guess is the porting program and ignition lends to the sweet top end pull.

Now to make it a Washington single track bike, I have purchased a Rekluse and put hand guards on it. This was decided after a half dozen trips to the steep, rocky, tree'd single track in the Cascades. With the above mentioned additions, and maybe a trials rear tire, I think she will finally be everything I wanted it to be: open des riding and tight single track with minimal set up changes.

Thanks for all your help guys!!!

CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Nice scenery man. :wink:

So the bike is running OK then, no other little headaches.
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
4Z

Post by 4Z »

CR500R7 wrote:Nice scenery man. :wink:

So the bike is running OK then, no other little headaches.
Bugs are shook out.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Armpuump lowers the boom on Fachar at some snowmobile website where this build is posted...

Armpump wrote:Nice build BUT......

How long did it take you to get the frame done by TTM? Mikey @ TTM has been hosing people a lot lately, causing lawsuits on payment for work but not producing. One guy in Hawaii has been waiting a year and has paid out $3000 for nothing, another guy I know personally says his frame has been with Mike for over a year and a half, another lost $2000 to Mike and sued him.

Couple questions on the build:

What is the compression ratio on the engine?
What are the other engine specs? Bore, stroke, etc.

Thanks!
4Z

Post by 4Z »

Bob,
Did TTM move to the sled market? Good luck with that. I replied to ArmPump's post on SnoWest.

Update:
since the new cases and transmission installed, I put a Rekluse on it and tuned the set up (I will always have a Rekluse on my bikes from now on), tuned the susp. The thing pulls HARD from as low as the last 'putt - putt' to way above the stock powerband. My KTM EXC riding buddies can't handle the lightning quick response and the gobbs of top end R's. Kinda funny to watch someone come back from a fling on it to see their eyes. First thing out of their mouth is "holy shit!"

The Gnarly pipe works way better on this set up than the PC. I switched back and forth, hands down the FMF is king. The ignition map and porting program just fits this pipe to a T. Yes, the Gnarly REVS!
Last edited by 4Z on June 2nd, 2010, 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roostmaster

Post by Roostmaster »

CR500R7 wrote:4Z if your talking about the bird in the avatar, no he didn't the poor buggers dead, may he RIP 9-16-03 to 4-4-04
fell over the neighors fence and the dog chewed on his head that Fd him up. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Cost $600 bucks each lucky Ive still got his sister, one half of a pair of clowns. :lol:
Watching them run around is like watching someone running in snow shoes. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
If not 4Z I have no idea what your talking about. :roll:
I had a sulfur crested cocky as a pet when I was a kid, and I used to put it on my cross bar pad on my 84 CR80 and take it riding, he loved it.

Nice bike BTW, looks sweet!
I have been to the top of the mountain and yes it is good.
98cr500rider

Post by 98cr500rider »

4Z can you post an active link to the thread on the SnoWest site

People need to know what that TTM guy gets up to.

4Z

Post by 4Z »

98cr500rider wrote:4Z can you post an active link to the thread on the SnoWest site

People need to know what that TTM guy gets up to.

You betcha:
[urlhttp://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151682[/url]
98cr500rider

Post by 98cr500rider »

Hi there, I was looking at the picture of the de-compression lever in the second set of pictures and trying to figure out what the black cylinder is behind it in the pics.

Close up’s can be deceptive sometimes, what is the black thing??

Real nice bike
4Z

Post by 4Z »

98cr500rider wrote:Hi there, I was looking at the picture of the de-compression lever in the second set of pictures and trying to figure out what the black cylinder is behind it in the pics.

Close up’s can be deceptive sometimes, what is the black thing??

Real nice bike
That would be the back side of the ignition coil you are looking at. :)