HoonFEST 2011!!!

Gather Up for IGG'S BIRFDAY BASH @ DOVE SPRINGS!! March 16-18 2012
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Well you got me all scared so I made some more calls and documented them, names numbers etc. I also printed off the Nevada off road rules stating titling and registration is not something we do. If the ranger won't let me ride with that I am going to pretend I am loading it up and then rip out of there and hide out in the desert until the end of the weekend.
cr_denny

Post by cr_denny »

I read through the posts and my primitive caveman brain is confused. Is it this weekend (4th, 5th, 6th) or next weekend? I thought I saw Bob say he was heading out there the 11th, and I hear there's racings out there (Boulders) this weekend. Just looking for some clarification.
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

Rhino - Ill be right there next to you brother

cr_denny - i believe it is this weekend. Bob referenced the 11th in an earlier post but i think he made a mistake - hopefully he will chime in here..
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

It's the 12-13th.
Some of us will be there Fridaythe 11th to ride also.

For those close by- Pre Hoonfest Beer and Wings at Buffalo Wild Wings Wednesday the 9th.

Bell Road and Litchfield Road.

http://local.slippymap.com/bww/AZ/SURPRISE/

See you dudes there :cool:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I will be missing HoonFEST this year....

:cry:

Just too much shit going on, most of it kid related.....

School, D.I. competiton, Travel Ball tournment, etc...

I blame Roosty too...

For 2012, it would help if we returned to the 4 day "Presidents Day" wekeend.

Gonna miss Trace, Slomo, CR Whats-his-Faces, Al,Shan-Man.... and all the gang.

Have a great time everyone.

:twisted:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Bummer....seems quite a few of the legeds off this board, Bob, Brit, and the Clan will not be making it. I will say greatly missed but I have not met you guys so I don't really know. Well, if I have a good time this year I will plan for it next year and hope to meet you all then.

Being a good Dad trumps everything for me too.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Trace called to put the Chicken-Wing on me to come out...

Ya never know..... I may find a way out.... solo.

lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

What ?
Man that sucks ass,
But ya got to do what you have to do
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
britincali

Post by britincali »

How is my hoonshine going to get there if your not going bob????

Anyone from socal going that fancies running some shine?
Coolness list by 90cr500guy

Bob's = 50/50
Cepek = cool
Solidbro = cool
Brit = loser
Stoffer = 1 up from Brit
MFDB = cool
Danny = ok
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

AlisoBob wrote:It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I will be missing HoonFEST this year....

:cry:

Just too much shit going on, most of it kid related.....

School, D.I. competiton, Travel Ball tournment, etc...

I blame Roosty too...

For 2012, it would help if we returned to the 4 day "Presidents Day" wekeend.

Gonna miss Trace, Slomo, CR Whats-his-Faces, Al,Shan-Man.... and all the gang.

Have a great time everyone.

We come out once a year to throw back some King Cobra, talk a bunch of shit and do some riding and you're seriously gonna bail?
Unacceptable.. I can see Brit not going because he's a pussy.. A big fat, dripping, smelly, infected one. You don't fit into that category. Dooooooood... work your mojo.
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

Kdizzle- Where were you exactly when the popo was giving you shit?
What mile marker?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

britincali wrote:How is my hoonshine going to get there if your not going bob????

Al's still going to my knowlage.

Yea, Slomo.... this sucks.

I may still trot out , but 16 hours driving in a weekend + riding is a little rough.

I may head out Friday a.m., and return Sat. night.

Anybody got room for a stray dog Friday night?
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

I'd say Hoonfest ought to be held in Cali next year.

Turn about is fair play.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Hey Bob we can spoon in the back of my minivan :lol: Just kidding for real....man I hope you show. You are, from what I can tell, the fearless leader around here. For me it is totally my luck....I decide to go to meet up with all these characters off the board, and some of the most spirited are not going. Can I even earn my hoon wings without Bob there? Is it like winning the supercross title when Bubba's hurt?
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote: Can I even earn my hoon wings without Bob there? Is it like winning the supercross title when Bubba's hurt?
The pecking order goes something like this.....

1.A/P
2. Brenda
3.Slomo
4.V/H

323. AlisoBob
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

iggys-amsoil wrote:I'd say Hoonfest ought to be held in Cali next year.

Turn about is fair play.

Pffffffttt. California is going to have a dismal showing this year.
Hell, we have 6 guys from Montana coming down..
Im thinking Utah or something.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Man I wasn't even talking about riding skills, I'm not going to prove anything on the bike. Being a Hoon seems to be more than just hanging on the trails, its about hanging. Having a good time, getting along with people, packing your bike and a bunch of crap in the back of a POS and driving 12 hours to ride the baddest dirtbike on the planet through some good singletrack. Or packing your stuff into the fattest toyhauler around and showing up like a pimp, but the common theme being people who understand how reliable this bike is, how gnarly it is to hang on to a 500cc 2 stroke, and knowing this thing will pull you through stuff that when you first look at it the first thing that runs through your head is no F'ing way.

It happens once a year, its a very rare group. I don't hear many 2 strokes anymore, even less are big dogs, to find someone who can actually ride one...and I mean ride, not a drag race.....well the last time I rode with people on 500's they were still making them and they were popular.

I ride by myself so much I am just stoked to ride with new people. I am stoked to ride somewhere new, I try to ride a few new places every year. I am stoked to ride somewhere new with local tour guides, meaning I will be shown the goods. I am stoked to be going somewhere warm. I am stoked to be headed out on a little road trip. I would be totally stoked if the biggest characters on this board were going to be there, but when my bike is running I will drown my sorrows in 2stroke smoke.

Bottom line Bob, I hope you make it....it will not be the same and I am pretty sure I speak for everyone.
Slomo

Post by Slomo »

Rhino.. We're down for some serious fun on and off the trail.
Wait till you see the race trailer we're bringing :cool: :cool:
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

When I show up you will wonder where my bike is :cool:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:Bottom line Bob, I hope you make it....it will not be the same and I am pretty sure I speak for everyone.
I spoke with Tracy tonight, he said if worse comes to worse.... I can bunk in the garage with his Chihuahua....

I'm prolly leaving Friday at 3:00am, arriving at the M/M's around noon and splitting Sat around 2pm or so.....

Yea, HoonFEST is that cool.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote:I don't hear many 2 strokes anymore, even less are big dogs..
The first year, we fired up something like 27 CR500's in the staging area at once.... Mothers cried, and babies shit themselves....

No kidding.
kdizzle

Post by kdizzle »

Bob if you need a place to crash I only live a few miles away. If you can make it out here we can make sure you got a place to crash. Its no problem really.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Well I am glad we can guilt trip you into a showing :D 27 CR500's fired off at once is a desert symphony. 15 years ago I rode my 500 with 2 other bros that were also on them, I'm the only one who couldn't give it up, they both drink the orange kool aid now.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

O.K. guys this is my last response, headed to AZ today for 1 week moto vacation with the grand finally being HoonFEST. I hope nothing changes between now and then because vacation for me means no phones and no computers....see everyone there...Totally Pumped!!!!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Al's coming with me to HoonFEST!!!!